View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 04:40 PM   #2141
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
DECEMBER 6, 2004 - MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Tonight's main event is a massive fatal fourway among some of the most (for lack of a better word) elite members of the Elite! Plus, a huge non-title match pitting Christian against World Champion Rhyno, a four-team elimination match to determine #1 contenders for La Resistance's WWE Tag Team Titles, a semifinal match in the #1 contender tournament for the Women's Title, the second match in the best-of-five series between Rob Van Dam and Randy Orton, and Eric Bischoff has decreed that a new member of the Elite will be determined tonight in a RAW versus SmackDown! match pitting Shelton Benjamin against Matt Hardy Version 2.0!

And it's a fucking dud show. Sigh. William Regal beat A-Train with the Power of the Punch.

The four-team elimination match for a shot at La Res pits former champions Big Show and Kane against ECW Originals Lance Storm and Tommy Dreamer against Palumbo and Stamboli against NBM co-leader Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak. Dreamer puts away Stamboli with a piledriver for the first elimination, only to get speared by Jindrak to set up Jindrak and O'Haire versus Show and Kane. Show pins Jindrak following the Showstopper to set up Big Show and Kane against La Resistance for the belts next week!

In a battle of rookie monsters, Payne takes on Damien. The crowd is way into it, and the match is solid, but the dud show turns what should have been about a 75 overall into a 67. I still don't understand why it hates RAW so much. Eventually, new NBM member Haas hits the ring and lays out Payne, clamping on the Haas of Pain. Damien picks up the pieces for the cheap win, then Haas pummels Payne with a steel chair after the bell.

Bill Alfonso cuts a pretty typical nonsensical promo for Rob Van Dam to hype up the second match in his best-of-five series with Randy Orton. RVD is up 1-0, and after he wins tonight, he'll be ready to put this thing away next week.

Fortunately, it's another hell of a match between the two that manages an 81 on a dud show, which is pretty impressive. Orton picks up a clean win with the RKO to even things up at one apiece.

Up next is a match for a spot in the Elite, pitting RAW's Shelton Benjamin against SmackDown!'s Matt Hardy Version 2.0. Once again, the match is so good that the dud show can't bring it down too far. Eventually, though, Shelton's chances are ruined by the interference of his Starrcade opponent the Undertaker, who makes him take the Last Ride. Hardy picks up the cheap win and a spot in the Elite, but the story of the match is the Shelton/Taker feud, as Taker picks up Shelton for another pair of Last Rides before walking off, leaving his rival laying.

The next match was supposed to pit Tajiri against Lance Storm until I realized I'd already used Lance, and so I was forced to throw poor Fred Williams at the buzzsaw. Fortunately, Tajiri shows mercy and finishes him off quickly with the Kick of Death. After the match, WWE Champion The Rock hits the ring and blasts his Starrcade challenger with the Rock Bottom!

Our first berth in the #1 contender's match for the Women's Title is going to be decided tonight as Mickie takes on Jazz. Disappointing match, but the Elite Diva hits her tornado DDT to pick up the win and advance to face the winner of next week's Lita/Molly Holly match!

Chris Benoit is backstage, and his descent into madness seems to be continuing. He cuts a promo on Rey Mysterio, taking him to task for interrupting his "business" Friday night with Mickie James. I'm a family man, Rey, I would never hurt a woman. I was trying to prove that she had no place in that ring with me, but you interrupted me before I could make my point. In 20 days, I'm going to show you the error of your ways when I rip your arm right out of its socket!

Rhyno and Christian are in the middle of a very exciting match when Rhyno's Starrcade opponent Brock Lesnar hits the ring and blasts him with the F-5, resulting in a DQ finish. After the match, John Cena's music hits, and he makes his way to the ring to make the save.

And now for our main event! It's WWE Champion The Rock versus co-World Tag Team Champion Eddie Guerrero versus John Cena versus Chris Jericho in a battle of arguably the four biggest stars in WWE! Solid match with all four guys getting in their spots, but eventually Eddie picks up some momentum going into his Starrcade match with Jericho by pinning him with the frogsplash!
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote