View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #565
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Newsletter
Alexander Wolfe didn't wrestle at the NXT UK tapings today but was backstage. He is believed to debut tomorrow with a big push in this division.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
There will be a Starrcast announcement this coming week that will blow some people's socks off. Some won't care, but those that do, will care a lot.
Placing bets on it being Ralphus.

Quote:
ROH has announced that ROH & IWGP Tag Team Champions Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) will face The Briscoes at the War of the Worlds show in Villa Park, Illinois on Sunday, May 12. The show is an ROH television taping.

If Guerillas of Destiny are still ROH Tag Team Champions, the titles will be on the line when they face The Briscoes. Guerrillas of Destiny are also defending the ROH Tag Team titles against Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham at War of the Worlds: Buffalo on May 8.
Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling has officially added a Sydney date to their return to Australia.

NJPW will hold a show at the University of New South Wales Roundhouse on Sunday, June 30. It will be a "smaller, more intimate event" than their show at Festival Hall in Melbourne on June 29.

Tickets for the event in Sydney will go on sale at noon AET on Friday, April 26. There is no pre-sale for the show.

The two-show Southern Showdown tour will be the first time NJPW has come to Australia since their Fallout Down Under events in February 2018.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On 4/15, WWE applied to trademark "WWE Stomping Grounds" for "G & S: Entertainment services, namely, a show about professional wrestling ...

Also on 4/15, Ric Flair LLC applied to trademark "King of Drip" and "Founder of Swag" for "G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley commented on the Viking Experience's name, writing, "Sure it’s a bad name - but it got people talking! Plus, these two guys are talented enough to weather the storm. For those of you who were sleeping, the #WarRaiders were transformed into the #VikingExperience for the WWE Raw debut, and many fans were not happy about it. I put out a little tweet, just being happy that two hard-working guys had made their debut on #Raw -and you would have thought I just praised John Cena with the heat I got for it! My guess is that anything with the word “war” in it is not going to go down well with USA Network or current and potential sponsors."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
On this past week's episode of the show, Sam Roberts made his commentary debut alongside Byron Saxton and Renee Young. During a match between Dana Brooke and Tamina, Roberts went full heel in his burial of Brooke. Here are some highlights from Roberts on commentary:

"I wouldn't be in a wonderful mood if I found out I was returning to singles action and it was in a match against Dana Brooke of all people."

"You can show up every week, it takes a matter of skill."

"Support doesn't win matches."

"No big shocker here that the somersaults that Dana Brooke is doing aren't exactly paying off. I'm sure she's great on a balance beam."

"When has Dana Brooke ever seized the moment?"

Following the episode airing, Dana Brooke fired back on Twitter.

"Sam - always thought we were cool, but Damn, wondering why @WWE doesn’t have u on a lot, you burry people!! what have u accomplished.. prob gave up at it, unlike me I push through never giving up!Maybe @ReneeYoungWWE Will be right when I block you & 1 day make U eat your words!"

Brooke followed that up by calling Roberts "a mark" in a reply to a Twitter user.

This isn't the first time Roberts has buried talent as fans may recall his scathing comments aimed at Bianca Belair prior to NXT TakeOver: Phoenix. In his non-apology to Belair, Roberts said that he is not fed lines and is allowed to speak what is on his mind while in the booth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Newsletter
For some of the Raw people who were moved to Smackdown and introduced on the show, as a way to keep them from knowing for sure, they were actually told to say in town as they were needed for promotional work, and then on Tuesday were told they were switching brands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
ECW Press will release the biography of WWE Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson on Sept. 3.

"Soulman: The Rocky Johnson Story" was co-written by Scott Teal with the foreword written by Rocky's son, The Rock.

Some TPWW Frontpage stuff:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote