View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #59182
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I just wanted to say a few things on Question Mark (R.I.P.) I didn't watch much of his stuff as Jocephus, though he played a fairly major role in the NWA early on in the revival (He injured Tim Storm's Ribs, allowing Nick Aldis to win the title).

But Question Mark proved that everything that's old is new again. It was a masked gimmick that borrowed more from the more traditional American masked men than Lucha Libre. The American masked gimmicks usually fell into 3 categories: 1. A character in and of itself (See: Destroyer, Grappler, Masked Superstar), 2. A regular star that everyone knew was a regular star and the mask was half the fun of it (See: the Bullet, Stagger Lee, The Midnight Rider) 3. A way for a job guy to get a second payday (See: Any number of Executioners, the Galaxians, etc.) Question Mark started off as the second group (everyone knew it was Jocephus) that surprisingly became a star in his own right. Nothing about it should have worked, but it was a perfect fit for NWA and it stood out and the charisma sold it. It was both an Ironic and an Unironic thing.

Last two wrestling T-shirts I bought were the "Uncle Tony's Waffles and Tire Irons" shirt (I made it a work meme) and the "Kara-taaaaaaaaaaay" shirt. Had the Pandemic not hit, he may have ended up as National Heavyweight Champion.

Rest Easy Joseph. You had one hell of a run.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote