View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 09:51 PM   #2322
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by road doggy dogg View Post
I was always more of a TNG fan growing up because my dad watched (and taped! on VHS!) while growing up. But started watching DS9 over the past year or two and I think I'm more of a fan of that show overall. Feels more "grounded" and the interactions between characters is fantastic. Minus all the stuff about Sisko being the emissary and stuff, I don't care about all that but it is kind of central to the show for better or worse.

The baseball episode in season 7 is the best Star Trek episode ever idc
Samesies with TNG.... Feel like as a kid DS9 was "too serious" for me and was like "they only stay in one place? ugh, boring" so I never watched a lot.

Season 1 was not great but I think I could definitely appreciate it a lot more. Meanwhile, TNG after the first 2/3 seasons has been gold, and I also appreciate it a lot more as an adult.

Also "cool", but also sad, to see some of the "moral dilemma" or "questions" raised on the shows still be relevant to discussions today.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote