View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #2272
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
MARCH 8, 2005 - MONDAY NIGHT RAW

The last episode of RAW before WrestleMania 21 is also the last with the current rosters, as we've learned the 2005 WWE Draft will take place on WWE.com next Monday before RAW goes on the air!

We kick off with a tag team match pitting four Divas who seem to be adrift at the moment going at it as Gail Kim and Lita team up to take on Daffney and Shaniqua. It's a decent match, and Lita gets the crowd excited early in the show with a moonsault to pick up the win.

Up next, Eddie Guerrero and Paul London team up to take on Damien and Tajiri in a battle of WrestleMania matches. Eventually, the heels get a cheap win as Damien rolls up London with a handful of tights. After the match, a brawl breaks out that eventually needs to be broken up by officials.

Eric Bischoff comes out on the ramp to interrupt the festivities. Since the theme of WrestleMania seems to be matches with stipulations that will blow off all of our feuds, let's end this London/Damien nonsense in a match where a handful of tights won't do you any good. No, you see, the only way to win this Sunday is going to be putting your opponent through a table!

Hey, remember when the Natural Born Thrillers were supposed to be the top stable in WWE? Then when they teamed up with the Ministry? Whoops. Anyway, NBM members Sean O'Haire, Chuck Palumbo, and Johnny Stamboli team up next to take on A-Train, Payne, and Tommy Dreamer. Yep. It's midcard mania! O'Haire and Payne carry most of the load of the match, but in the end it's A-Train that takes the Seanton Bomb to give the NBM the win.

In the best Divas match since I took over WWE, Mickie James and Trish Stratus team up to take on Jazz and Molly Holly. Excellent action between the four best workers in the division, but in a shocking turn of events, Trish brutally betrays her friend by slamming her with a chair while the heels have the referee distracted, allowing Molly to hit Mickie with a cross body for the win. After the match, Trish works over Mickie with punches while Jazz and Molly grab a table from ringside. They set it up, then lift Mickie up to Trish... who hits a superbomb from the middle rope!

Trish grabs a ringside microphone. "It wasn't that long ago that I was the dominant Diva in WWE. That I was the focus of the division. But from the moment you set foot in this company, you got all the attention. You took my title. You got to be the first Diva in the Elite. Well, Mickie, I'm tired of it! And I'm taking back what's mine! At WrestleMania 21, I'm taking back my Women's Title!"

Up next, it's a triple threat exhibition match that doesn't really have any bearing on WrestleMania. It's Rob Van Dam (who will face Brock Lesnar at WM21) vs. Randy Orton (who will face The Hurricane) vs. Shelton Benjamin (who isn't booked), and it's as good as you'd imagine. Orton picks up a clean win with the RKO, but all three guys look good here.

John Cena and Brock Lesnar met in last year's WrestleMania main event, a night where Cena won the WWE Title. Eventually, though, Lesnar's Mania opponent Rob Van Dam interjects himself, blasting Lesnar with a chair, allowing Cena to hit the F-U and pick up the win. After the match, RVD sets Lesnar up in the corner and places a chair against his face... and hits a Van Terminator!

The Nova Scotia Cosa Nostra is out next, and they cut a promo on their trio of Mania matches. Primary concern is The Rock, who is facing Christian next!

And - as you could imagine - these two kill it. Eventually, it comes down to Christian using his ring awareness... and an exposed steel turnbuckle... to pick up the cheap win. After the match, Christian takes off running.

The match of the year thus far is tonight's main event, pitting Rey Mysterio and Rhyno against Canadian Violence. These four guys have really turned a corner over the last year, becoming the faces of the industry (along with guys like Christian, Rock, Cena, Lesnar... well, all of the Elite, basically), and they put on a hell of a show. Such a good show, I'll let the game describe it for you. Enjoy!

Rey Mysterio strikes Benoit. Benoit takes a flying neckbreaker from Rey Mysterio. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rey tags out to Rhyno. Rey \ Rhyno whip Benoit into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Hooks the leg for a two count. Fallaway slam by Rhyno. Benoit blocks the suplex attempt. Doctor Bomb, Rhyno is hurt. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. Vicious lightning kick by Jericho on Rhyno. Pin : 1 - 2 - 2.9999999. Flying elbow from Chris Jericho. Rhyno comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Back elbow connects, Jericho staggers backward. Rhyno tags out to Rey Mysterio. Rey Mysterio scores with a back heel kick on Jericho. Jericho tags out to Chris Benoit. Second rope flying axe handle, Benoit goes down. It's BONZO GONZO! Chaos reigns as everyone winds up in the ring brawling! The referee tries to separate Rey and Benoit, buts gets shoved away. The referee turns and calls for the bell. He's had enough, and has called this a double DQ. Rey \ Rhyno and Canadian Violence don't look like they've finished! They continue to brawl in and around the ring, not stopping until a host of referees run down the aisle to break them up. Almost a ***** match...but it was missing something, so it only gets a ****1\2.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote