View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #2143
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: 4/7/10

It’s Pick Your Poison Night for the two competitors in the Backlash main event. HHH and the WWE Champion John Morrison will each choose an opponent for each other tonight. Morrison has already made his choice earlier and the opening match will be HHH vs. William Regal. HHH comes out first to make a statement. He has no major problem with John Morrison other than the fact that he’s the WWE Champion. “The theme of my life over the last few months has been making things right. I did that with my injury. I did that with Batista at WrestleMania. And I’m going for the hat trick at Backlash. Morrison, that title is coming home.” Regal interjects with own view on the matter. “Do you ever get tired of hearing yourself? Actually, don’t answer that because it really doesn’t matter what you think. What does matter is that there is a whole locker room of superstars in the back that are quite fed up with you getting chance after chance after chance at the WWE Title. You see, Batista’s quarrel with you was just the beginning. I’ve been in this business longer than you have and I can count on one hand how many world title opportunities I’ve received and there’s plenty of others who feel the same frustration as I do. Well, that’s going to change soon. Maybe not with me, maybe not with John Morrison…but soon.” The bell rings and were off. A pretty decent contest with Regal taking HHH to the limit but fortune is not with the Englishman tonight as HHH avoids Regal’s running knee and hit’s the Pedigree for the win. ****!!!

Other proceedings:
JBL gives his henchmen the night off in order to deal with Bryan Danielson personally. He jokes about needing a good warm-up for his Money in the Bank rematch on SmackDown!. He’s able to churn out a win over Danielson after using the ropes.

Evan Bourne continues to surprise everyone with another victory this time over Mark Jindrak.

R-Truth gets a countout victory over U.S. Champion Ted DiBiase. DiBiase is less than thrilled.

Kim Roderick grants Victoria a match with the stipulation that if Victoria can pin or make the champion submit, another Diva’s title match will be awarded to Victoria. If Victoria loses, her quest for the title is over for good. The champion’s streak of luck holds out as Victoria is caught using the title as a weapon even though the champion brought it in first. Roderick bails as soon as she’s able to regain her senses.

The Miz is in the back and speaks out about his disbelief that HHH is once again the number one contender to the WWE Title. “It’s really not fair considering I’ve had Morrison’s number more times than I can count. But you know what? It’s fine. Let him parade around in his own delusion that he’s the belle of the ball here on Raw. His fantasy is going to come crumbling down.”

John Morrison is out for his match. He points out that he doesn’t have a problem with HHH but he does hope that Backlash will be the end of it. His win over HHH the first time wasn’t a fluke and it’s going to be proven once and for all. HHH comes out to announce his choice for Morrison’s opponent. HHH respects Morrison as a person and a champion and also hopes Backlash will prove who the better man is. However, he must apologize for tonight but when it comes to the WWE Title you have to try to win at all costs. “All’s fair in love and war, John.”
SOMEBODY’S GONNA GET THEIR WIG SPLIT! Mark Henry is Morrison’s opponent for tonight! The bell rings and we’re underway. They deliver a basic “big man vs. agile underdog” match before Batista of all people makes his return from wherever he’s been since WrestleMania to just destroy everyone.

Edge and Randy Orton have themselves an in-ring chat about the last few months and, of course, WrestleMania. Edge is enraged over the loss he suffered but realizes that the fault lies with himself. “I made one mistake, Randy, ONE MISTAKE and it cost me. And that mistake was I tried to be too brutal. I tried to be too aggressive. I wanted to put an exclamation point on the whole matter. You see I dug down deep and I envisioned what would be the perfect way to put you down at the biggest stage of them all. And it hit me. Poetic justice at it’s finest. I tried to punt you in the head the same way you’ve done to countless others. The same way you did to me. And it was that frame of mind that cost me the victory. That bloodlust caused me to lose to you. Well, Randy, that’s not going to happen again. You see I went to our General Manager and demanded, I PLEADED for a rematch with you at Backlash. But I wanted a match where that same rage and aggressiveness and bloodlust I felt at WrestleMania wouldn’t be a detriment but a benefit. A match that is perfect for two individuals like us, Randy.” “You know as well as I do, Edge, that I can be as twisted as they come so no matter what you’ve got in store for me at Backlash, I’ll put you down again, 1-2-3, just like that.” “No, see that’s where you’re wrong cause it’s not going to be that simple. There’s no pinfalls, no submissions or countouts or disqualifications. But I will give you one hint, Randy, so see if you can figure it out.” BAM! Edge nails Orton with the mic. He slides out and grabs a chair from ringside and crawls in motioning for Orton to get up. Orton pulls himself up but it’s for naught as Edge lets loose with a thunderous shot to the head. Orton’s busted open! Edge is back on the mic: “It looks like you can’t make a guess right now, Randy, so I’ll spill the beans and I’ll also spill your blood again at Backlash. It’s you and me, in a First Blood match.” Edge glares at Orton as we go off the air.

Superstars: 4/10/10
The big happening is the Triple Threat match between Christian, Mr. Kennedy, and Kofi Kingston where the winner will be the 10th participant in the Money in the Bank rematch next week on SmackDown!. Kofi is able to take advantage of the furious rivalry between Christian and Kennedy and snags a pinfall on Kennedy for the win.

Other proceedings: Kane and Shad each gain some momentum towards Money In the Bank with singles victories.

Ian Moore retains the Intercontinental Championship against Rhyno.

Cash Stevens pulls out a win over Alex Furious and announces he’s getting his rematch against Ian Moore next week on SmackDown!.

Some cruiserweights are getting into a verbal scuffle with Sean O’Haire and Garrett in the back over locker room space. O’Haire and Garrett point out that it’s a big man’s business. Jason Cross claims that cruiserweights have as much claim to the sport as anyone else. Garrett says they should jump to Raw then and compete with the other cruiserweights. He also points out that Rhyno beat Cross last week in that four-way match for the IC title number one contendership. Cross sarcastically asks if that’s the same Rhyno that lost tonight. Things get heated but no physicality comes out of it…yet.

The Rock announces that the Draft Lottery is scheduled to begin in one month.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote