View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 04:32 PM   #167
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
To me, this AEW project depends greatly on how much money the Khans are going to put in. It's very exciting whenever something new comes around, because WWE is objectively bad television. It's filmed bad, it's redundant, the acting is terrible and the scripts are Razzie worthy. It sucks. People want something different. Okay.

Vince getting a $2.1 billion deal for his TV is a huge deal that has switched people on and made things look possible. It's a different climinate to how it has been since 2001. Anyway, we all know this.

If this is just Tony Khan plunking down a few million to have an indy promotion built around Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks, then I'll agree with people who project grim things for it and a ceiling on AXS or WGN America. I'm really hoping that people with that much money trying to get into the game see the potential to secure huge television deals by offering a viable alternative to WWE. If you spend a few hundred million, you can make that back in TV rights money over the next five years.

In the history of wrestling, I don't think there has ever been a billionaire that has privately gotten involved in wrestling. You can talk about the NWA, GFW and WCW -- but they either don't have the same conceivable funds or were run publicly.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote