View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 12:00 PM   #154
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I really want to like Kevin Kelly, but I just can't. Maybe I needed to watch more Metal back in the day? I actually like him in shoot interviews. I can't remember why, but he tore the fuck out of Triple H -- like viciously -- and I was like "Haha, you are never going to work there again," but the balls on him.

I think he would make a great writer of articles or a podcast host for a promotion. He seems smart and like he's got a lot of knowledge and passion. As a play-by-play guy, I think he comes off as too "nerdy." Like he was the prototype for the nerd announcer before they worked out they wanted them to be good looking too. He tries hard, but I think that has become a problem in later years, because you can feel the effort -- like he's trying to be the best play-by-play in the business, instead of just being the best play-by-play guy in the business.

I'd definitely prefer Japanese or JR over him, to be honest. I also thought that Don Callis was funny for a few weeks on Lance Storm's podcast, but think he is a pretty trash announcer, really.
I don't like Kevin Kelly's whole production either. His voice, his energy, his passion... he's above a guy like Mark Madden for sure, but he's a total nerd.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote