View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 09:30 PM   #48
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Very underwhelming. The original film is is structurally better with both plot and character development and considerably better acting in it as well.

the films action is well directed and the cinematography of those scenes is solid throughout but its the only high point. and even that is stifled by the constant need to have the characters strike a pose and "look cool" instead actually doing something interesting.

for a film that felt the need to create a new character to be its protagonist youd think theyd have made that choice because they had a story they wanted to tell.

what we get however is a vanilla protagonist (thats primary character development is he's a shit tier fighter) with motivations so routine that if i gave someone 3 guesses as to what they are i bet theyd guess it on luck alone.

none of the characters shine in any way save kano. maybe sonya but still very low tier.

for a film that deliberately attempts to tell an original story (despite having a great mythos that doesnt need to be abandoned) the film spends a 5th of its run time with cheeky winks to the audience in an effort to get cheap pops. this noncommittal approach to forging its own path leaves me being pulled in two directions. on one hand a new cannon with new ideas. the other leaning on what id rather be watching reminding me how unsatisfied i am with this product .

also wtf @ reiko. trash adaptation.

this is marginally better than annihilation and that was on a fraction of the budget.
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote