View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 12:10 AM   #2985
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: July 2, 2040

Opening Match: King of the Ring First Round - Seth Von Kamp vs. Jason Sorola
The tournament continues with one hell of an opener. Sorola makes it a point to claim that Seth should be thanking his lucky stars that he's even in the tournament in the first place seeing that he only managed to squeeze his way in because Brandon Reigns didn't want to participate. Well there's really only one natural response to something like that: have a kick ass match that sets the tone for the rest of the night. It's an even encounter despite the size difference. Ultimately, Von Kamp hits the Collapse of Society for the pin and advances to the second round. *****, 97% overall.

Second Match: King of the Ring First Round - Zed Jones vs. Cameron Harper
Michael Hotbody is seconding Jones here in support. Martyn LaSalle joins the commentary team to give his thoughts on his future opponent in Hotbody and on the tournament. LaSalle brings up that Zed Jones should be even more thankful than Seth Von Kamp because Seth actually went out and earned a spot in the King of the Ring whereas Jones was just handed this opportunity. Wanting the most out of life while the bare minimum seems to be a running theme in Hotbody's world, according to LaSalle. The match itself is hard-hitting at it's finest. Jones still wants to be a dick about things and uses a pipe slipped to him by Hotbody which goes unnoticed because the ref has to admonish him and LaSalle for having a verbal scuffle. Jones advances to the second round. ****1/2, 89% overall.

In-Ring Talky Time with the number one contender to the Unified World Title, Kerry Cemenko. He wonders if the people can help him out with something and whether or not they've noticed the same thing that he has in regards to Butch Fleming. "So for the past few years, Butch Fleming was a force to be reckoned with. He was dominating at all levels from the moment he set foot into the WWE. Hell, I was even a victim at certain points which is no small feat if I may say so myself. But then something happened last year. Fleming, had himself a bit of a boo-boo and had to take somewhat of a breather of sorts. A few months ago he made his "triumphant" return and then began a pattern that I didn't pick up on until last week. You see, all of the usual bravado was there coming out of Fleming's mouth. The man was filled with the venom and anger and hate that's been a staple of his career...only this time, he hasn't backed it up the same way he used to. Granted he came in full of piss and vinegar but remind me again, how did he win the Unified World Title? Oh, that's right, one of his former stooges had to trip over his own shoelaces leading to Fleming stealing it back at Judgment Day. And then just last week at Night of Champions, after taking a nap in a pile of a broken announce table, he slips inside the back door and picks the bones of someone else's handiwork and walks away. Then the next night, during my match, he decides to do little preemptive strike and get his licks in. All of this leads me to the conclusion that Fleming is a shell of his former self and he knows it. That time away from the WWE no doubt dulled a lot of his edge and that's why he's been getting by on tactics as desperate as the ones I just pointed out. Maybe, just maybe, he knows that things are different now and he's the odd man out. He knows that he's got himself a major threat on his hands when it comes to me challenging him for that title. Well, let me put you at ease, Fleming. I am a threat to that title and at King of the Ring I pull the bricks out of this façade of yours and use them to build a better tomorrow when I become the next WWE Unified World Champion!"

Naturally this brings out the Unified Champion himself looking quite amused. "Kerry Cemenko, people like you are one of the few things that put a smile on my face. If what you just said had come out of the mouth of, say, Noah Carmichael or Haven or Xavier Cross or Clubber Harris, I'd certainly dismiss it but I'd only be pissed and not amused. The reason being is that they've actually done things during the time that I was gone while you have been persona non grata so you giving me a lecture is something else. This match that we're going to have is YOUR big desperate move to once again get back in that main event spotlight that every once in a while flickers on you but never remains. You can call me out on the things I've done since returning but I'm standing here with this title and you're standing over there filling this arena with even more hot air than usual. These people out here are an even bigger joke than you because they're going to follow you like sheep right into a big pit of disappointment."

"All of that talk and you still didn't address what I said. I mean the talk was impressive, sure, but how exactly are you going to back it up this time around? How are you going to save yourself and luck your way into a win this time? Am I going to be facing the scourge of the WWE or am I going to be proven right by stepping in the ring with a spineless champion?"

"SPINELESS?!? Spineless? You know, Cemenko, I was actually going to take it easy on you seeing as you were low on the list of people who pissed me off while I was gone but since you seem to be asking for it, these next few weeks are going to be some of the longest you've had until you're BEGGING ME to end it at King of the Ring. And believe me, I will end it." With that, the champion takes his leave leaving Cemenko to ponder this over.

Third Match: Carmella Costello and the Academy vs. Frankie and the Dillingers
This is Carmella's first match back from suspension and she joins her stablemates in continuing her feud with Frankie. She's been a bad girl. A very naughty girl that needed to be punished. Ahem....anyways, she leads her team to victory here by using the ropes after rolling up Frankie for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fourth Match: King of the Ring First Round - Noah Carmichael vs. Ronnie Costello
Ronnie looks to also join his sister in victory but he's got himself quite the task here in the former Unified World Champion. It's a nice showing and I have no doubts Costello will eventually be part of the upper-mid card at some point. Tonight's not his night as Carmichael busts out the Quick Draw and scores the win to advance to the second round. ****1/2, 90% overall.

Backstage, Nathan Quinn is with both of his clients, Lonny Richards and Leah. It's a big night for the two of them. Leah gets Jenna Kyle one-on-one and it will be glorious to watch the agony on Jenna's face as she realizes the mistake she made. On top of that, Lonny has his chance at redemption and immortality by taking out Caleb Greene and advancing in the King of the Ring tournament. No mercy to those dumb enough to get on Quinn's bad side!

Also backstage, Paul Andrews runs into Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns. Reigns tells Andrews that he dodged a bullet by not continuing to be involved with mentors and managers. It's done wonders for his career. Reigns thinks that maybe he should have a talk with Conner Buchanan and tell him to jump ship in order to save himself. Andrews mentions that it's funny that Reigns should bring up Buchanan because the truth is Buchanan was quite interested in getting some answers out of Reigns about that battle royal last week where Reigns caused Buchanan to lose. Maybe Reigns would be interested in allowing Buchanan to get some of those answers, like, say, in a match? Reigns simply says, "How's this for an answer: No."

Fifth Match: Leah vs. Jenna Kyle
I think I might be pushing Leah too fast. I mean, barely a month in and she's in a program with one of the top 3 faces in the women's division. I mean, I'm not going to complain about the results. Jenna utilizes all of her know-how to keep the rookie off of her game but to Leah's credit she remains difficult to put away. The end comes when the two are outside after Jenna dives through the ropes to hit Leah and they end up taking out a photographer. Leah takes the camera and smashes it into Jenna's face drawing the DQ. Leah lifts up Jenna's body while Quinn takes the camera and uses it to take shots of Jenna's face. Not quite the same photo shoot as on SmackDown! but it produced some great results heat-wise. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Sixth Match: Robbie Greer vs. One Half of the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Rick Hilton
Vivian Merrick doesn't look too thrilled to be accompanying her boyfriend/client considering the last time she was involved with this she got plastered. Hilton keeps trying to explain that it was an accident and that he'll make it up to her by teaching Greer a lesson. Judging from this match I'd say a Wyldhearts/Future Foundation feud will be the shit. Hilton manages to score a countout win here after a brawl on the floor. He looks to Vivian for approval but she doesn't seem too impressed. *****, 94% overall.

Seventh Match: King of the Ring First Round - Caleb Greene vs. Lonny Richards
This is our last King of the Ring match for the night. I eventually want to put a cap on this feud and move everyone on. Caleb would be a great re-addition to the cruiserweight scene or maybe just keep him and Coleman as a regular team. Either way, this match is a great David vs. Goliath affair. Caleb gets the duke after countering Lonny's Dragon Sleeper into a roll-up to advance to the second round. ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: The Hunters vs. Salvatore Scabbia and The Royal Effect
God, I love my overcrowded main events. This is obviously designed to continue the feuds between Scabbia and Pattillo and of course the newly minted Royal Effect and the Play Pals. This has got everything you want in a match of this type in the main event. King Kavovit is isolated after all of the chaos in the end with Ryan Pattillo and he falls victim to the Shutdown giving the faces the win here. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 90%

Last edited by M-A-G; 03-20-2021 at 12:27 AM.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote