View Single Post
Old 06-05-2023, 03:44 PM   #3366
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
So I'm going to assume this is a reset because last I recall you had Omega as your champion and from what I understand MJF is the current champion in real life. There's been such a large amount of time since your last EWR run and you had the Fire Pro tournament in the meantime...that still needs a conclusion!

But, yeah, definitely points for another great heel tactic: The Rubbing It In Your Faces Celebration Promo.
Yes, this is a reset to modern day AEW, picking up right through last year's real-life programming and storylines. I would just be really hard pressed to dive 2 years back into AEW with how much the landscape has changed since then. Their roster has grown exponentially (including tons of dream match potential) and it just feels like it'll be way more fun to book, even though I'm almost overwhelmed with the amount of options.

Quote:
LOL, even more heel sacrificing? I love it. I love the concept of a dude getting powerbombed repeatedly that it leads to a pin. I'm surprised that doesn't happen in real life. Instead of one major move to finish a guy off, do multiple instances of one regular move and it's enough to wipe a guy out. Maybe they do it in Japan?
That's actually part of Wardlow's schtick, he'll go into a Powerbomb Symphony where he powerbombs the fuck out of his opponent multiple times. Really makes squash matches feel more epic.

Quote:
Is Christian still actively wrestling? Being a mouthpiece for someone would really suit him as he's just so good at being a little shit.
Officially he's part of the active roster, but his last three matches on record were on PPVs so he's more along the line of what EWR would consider a non-wrestler. Right now I've got him set as a manager which is closer to his real-life role, but I know I'll give him some occasional in-ring work. The guy can still go, but the gift of gab will make him an asset for me.

Quote:
For some reason when I saw Hip Attack I immediately thought of R. Mika's Flying Peach from Street Fighter.
Pretty much. I'd sign up for being concussed if my last memory was getting trucked by this glorious posterior.

Quote:
A fucking great promo that I can absolutely visualize Callis doing. It sucks that he got the shaft in the WWE because he could've been gold. Like WTF is he supposed to do with Kurrgan?
Last week on Dynamite, Callis got possibly the loudest heel heat I've ever heard someone get in AEW. He stood in the ring with Takeshita, explaining his betrayal of Kenny Omega and the crowd booed him solidly the entire time, forcing him to talk over them. It was brilliant. He plays such a great slimy piece of shit.

Quote:
"The Ocho" becoming "The Nueve"??? That's fucking hilarious. Jericho showing off that Spanish he picked up way back when.
The Ocho being one of his many nicknames he took on last year after winning the ROH World Championship, his 8th World title in pro wrestling. So winning the IWGP Title would make him the Nueve. Definitely works as a corny Jericho line.

Quote:
Bullet Club Gold? Is there a Platinum Membership, too? Does it allow for discounts at Chez Pierre?

Now that I think about it, I don't think I ever saw the Bullet Club in their heyday. I certainly never saw them in WWE, other than Styles. I wonder what I missed out on.
Bullet Club's now been going on for more than a decade although I'd argue the group's original purpose shifted considerably years ago. They usually do have a strong leader up front, possibly not so much now as the current leader in Japan is Fit's oldest son, David Finlay.

White was the leader from late 2018 through the beginning of year. Held the IWGP title multiple times, headlining the Tokyo Dome multiple times including this year. His contract was up and NJPW wrote him off with a "Loser Leaves NJPW" match.

He hit the market as one of the hottest free agents in recent memory. WWE were reportedly very confident they'd sign him, but he opted to go to AEW instead, where he's promptly set up his own stateside branch of Bullet Club.

Quote:
It said Hangman retains, but I didn't see anything on the line. Is he a champion? If nothing else, that's a pretty strong way to end the show with that kind of rating.
Oops, meant to just say he wins no titles involved in this match. It was late when I finished up.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote