View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #1428
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets sponsored by Lucha Underground Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PWInsider.com has confirmed that any WWE plans to tape content for Summerslam in Atlantic City have been dropped. We are told that the show will be held in Florida.

WWE is slated to tape this Friday's Smackdown and this Monday's Raw tomorrow at the WWE Performance Center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those who have asked, tonight's AEW Dynamite is a live broadcast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE filed for the following trademarks on 8/7:

-Pretty Deadly.

-The Hunt.

-Zack Gibson.

-Rinku.

-Saurav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Dwayne Johnson once again topped Forbes annual highest-paid actors list coming in at over $87.5 million between June 2019 and June 2020, thanks to the Netflix production deal for action spy thriller "Red Notice" bringing in $23.5 million alone. Not to mention, his Under Armor. "Project Rock" partnership, television projects, etc. Coming in a number two with $71.5 million is "Red Notice" costar Ryan Reynolds, who himself signed exclusive agreements with Netflix to produce projects. Many on this list including Mark Wahlberg, Will Smith, Adam Sandler, Vin Diesel, Lin Manuel Miranda and Ben Affleck have exclusive licensing deals or content deals with different streaming services or online platforms. A sign of the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The full card for next week’s Impact Emergence card has been revealed, while a stipulation has been set for night two.

Taya Valkyrie will face Kylie Rae in what will be a Wrestle House match. The two have been stuck in the reality show house for the last few weeks, with Rae calling out Valkyrie on tonight’s show.

The Good Brothers will face Ace Austin and Madman Fulton in a tag team match. Austin and Fulton have been a thorn on Anderson and Gallows’ sides since their debut at Slammiversary.

The Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley) will defend their new Impact Tag Team titles against former champions The North (Josh Alexander & Ethan Page). They made their return to Impact at Slammiversary, defeating The North for the titles.

Edde Edwards, successfully defending the Impact World title against Brian Myers on tonight’s show, will defend the Impact World title next week as well. Edwards has instituted an open challenge policy for the title since winning it.

Here is the full card for the first night of Emergence, which takes place next week:
  • Eddie Edwards will defend the Impact title
  • Kylie Rae vs. Taya Valkyrie in a Wrestle House match
  • Moose vs. Trey Miguel for the TNA World title
  • Chris Bey vs. TJP vs. Rohit Raju for the X Division title
  • Good Brothers vs. Ace Austin and Madman Fulton
  • Motor City Machine Guns vs. The North for the Impact Tag Team titles

Confirmed for the second night of Emergence is a 30 minute Iron Man match for the Impact Knockouts title, with champion Deonna Purazzo facing former champion Jordynne Grace. The second night will take place on August 25.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AEW Dynamite has a loaded show tonight billed as “Tag Team Appreciation Night” with several tag matches and appearances. In addition, the big rematch between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy takes place, and a TNT title match between Cody and Scorpio Sky.

It is always hard to predict numbers ahead of time but AEW has been on a roll and coming off one of their best weeks of the year. Last week’s episode of Dynamite topped this week’s Raw in the 18-34 demo. It’s become clear that the race isn’t between AEW and NXT any longer, it’s a fight for the younger audience between AEW and Raw. While WWE will have a stranglehold on the older audiences and still have a comfortable distance in the 18-49 demo (Raw did a 0.47 this week and AEW did a 0.36 last week), the gap among teenagers and young adults is closing. Last week, had the added competition from the NBA and it didn’t bear any impact on AEW or NXT, who were also up.
Quote:
Obviously, one of the concerns going into these AEW tapings was the risk presented by Chris Jericho and Fozzy performing several shows over the past week. This included a show in South Dakota in conjunction with the Sturgis Rally. Yes, Jericho will be tested but it doesn’t eliminate all risk even with a negative test result. It would have made sense that if Jericho was adamant about performing the shows that the rematch with Cassidy should have been taped two weeks ago or delayed two weeks so that Jericho could miss this cycle of tapings. If it was so important for the match to occur this week given the proximity to the pay-per-view, then a line needed to be drawn in the sand forcing Jericho to choose one or the other. This option, while it may turn into nothing, seems like one that presents too much potential for problems and sends a mixed message about being cautious when home between tapings.
Quote:
Brandi Rhodes spoke with Scott Fishman at TV Insider on the launch of the AEW Women’s Cup tournament and the allotment of television time for the women’s division. On the decision to launch the tournament as a property for YouTube:

"With YouTube, it’s its own show. That means we are trusted enough to carry our own show and don’t have to be compared to men. We were also not restricted on time. So it’s really the dream scenario. Better than finding out when we are live and something went long, you may only have four minutes to put it out there. That’s really hard, especially when you are trying to introduce new women and put that kind of pressure on them. Being it’s our own show without the restraints and to be able to tell these stories how we want to is a really great situation."

Rhodes gave the following answer regarding the time the women receive on AEW Dynamite and stating that those decisions don’t come down to her:

"It’s an interesting question because I don’t feel it really applies to me considering it’s not something week-to-week I discuss or plan. I took this tournament on as a side project. Of course, in doing the tournament I know what the criticisms have been. I know what they are and thought this would be really great for that, especially those who are die-hard women’s wrestling fans. As far as the week-to-week goes, unfortunately that’s a burden that lies elsewhere. Thankfully, it’s not one I have to navigate so frequently."

Finally, she spoke about the launch of AEW Heels and the subscription fee attached to it, which did garner complaints over the last week:

"Another thing for people to know out of the gate is that “Heels” is not ever going to be something I look to as a super profitable thing. It’s not intended to be. It’s intended to be something they can count on and grow with and learn with and get something out of. In order to run a multi-faceted platform like that, it costs money. It’s not cheap by any means. This is not going to be a huge cash grab for AEW. But it’s something fans will love and appreciate, so it’s worth all the work and effort. Not everything is about a dollar. Some things are about what’s right."
Quote:
On Monday, the NWA announced its partnership with Thunder Studios and the United Wrestling Network (which encompasses Championship Wrestling from Hollywood and Championship Wrestling from Arizona) to launch a weekly pay-per-view series beginning Tuesday, September 15th at 9 pm Eastern. The shows will be billed as “United Wrestling Network’s Primetime LIVE” and stream on Fite TV, along with traditional pay-per-view and satellite TV ...

In the press release, Executive Producer David Marquez said there will be possibilities to have talent from other promotions appear and specifically identified New Japan’s L.A. Dojo, Freelance Wrestling, and West Coast Pro Wrestling.
Quote:
Independent wrestler Ariel Dominguez played the security guard confronting Retribution on Raw this past Monday prior to the cinder block being thrown through the window.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
2K officially announced the following:

BRAWL YOUR OWN WAY - WWE 2K BATTLEGROUNDS GAME MODES ...

Wage war in a wide variety of your favorite match types with fun, new twists, including:

CAMPAIGN MODE
Throw down in this single-player story mode told through a comic art style as you add to your stable of Superstars to overcome the next challenge. Team up with Paul Heyman and “Stone Cold” Steve Austin as you travel the globe in search of new Superstars for an all-new WWE brand. Play as one of the 7 newly created Superstars like Bolo Reynolds and Jessica Johnson as you travel across several regions battling WWE Superstars as you achieve campaign goals and unlock various Superstars, power-ups, and items!

EXHIBITION MODE
Brawl with your friends or family with up to 4-player action online or on the couch in your favorite match types including:

One-on-One
Tag Team
Triple Threat
Fatal Four Way
Steel Cage Match
Royal Rumble
KING OF THE BATTLEGROUND MODE
Brawl to become the Last Man (or Woman) Standing as you and up to seven other online players burn it down and try to fling one-another out of the arena! The longer you stay in the arena, the higher your score climbs. The second you send someone flying, another player waiting outside the ring enters the fray!

ONLINE TOURNAMENT MODE
Brawl online for rewards in a variety of time-limited tournaments featuring a wide range of win conditions! Keep an eye out… you never know when a new Battlegrounds tournament might be kicking off!

BATTLEGROUND CHALLENGE MODE
Brawl from the bottom all the way to the top! Create your own WWE Superstar and overcome all the odds stacked against you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Liv Morgan believes the dancers of Raw Underground aren't taking the women's evolution a step back.

Morgan was one who actually wanted to see the dancers return this week when they ultimately did not, even going to Twitter to ask for the dancers back next week. Afterwards, someone commented to Morgan that they felt the dancers were a step backwards in WWE's women's evolution. Morgan argues that it doesn't, writing on Twitter that having women proudly dancing doesn't change anything and wants all women to feel empowered.
Link: https://twitter.com/YaOnlyLivvOnce/s...32566188032000

Quote:
Pineapple Pete has seemingly finished with AEW following Tuesday's Dark
Link: https://twitter.com/SugarDunkerton/s...43964318380032

Quote:
The Stadium Stampede at AEW Double or Nothing had a little bit of everything as the Inner Circle and The Elite battled in TIAA Bank Stadium.

The two groups pulled out plenty of football spots including a challenge flag, excessive celebration, and a 100-yard score. The Jacksonville Jaguars mascot even got involved, although the NFL almost said otherwise.

"That was one of the best things I've ever done in 30 years in the business. That was just 10 guys with different ideas, banging it out, not having to worry about so and so approved this. The only thing I had to get approved was knocking out the Jacksonville Jaguars mascot. The only reason I had to get it approved was the NFL didn’t want us to do it, but Tony Khan said do it anyway...everything was kinda free form. It’s just how creative do you want to be and how successful do you want to make the segment you’re in," said Chris Jericho in an interview with The SDR Show.
Quote:
The KOPW title that NJPW introduced not long ago has certainly been a polarizing decision with its unique set of rules.

The title, which is not an actual championship, will see wrestlers introduce stipulations only for fans to vote on them ... NJPW star Rocky Romero recently sat down with me and we discussed the KOPW title and how he believes it is the right time to introduce it.

With the current pandemic limiting the current NJPW roster and the world going through an uncertain time, Romero thinks it's great to have something out of the ordinary be introduced to New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Romero says it's also good in the sense that it doesn't completely disrupt what NJPW is traditionally known for and it's something that can even level the playing field when it comes to the different roster and weight classes in NJPW.

"I think if it's ever going to happen, now would be the time. Having a limited roster is a good time to introduce something that is super crazy on paper, but we really won't know until we see it. The thing about it is, in the end, New Japan will be the traditional New Japan. It's not going to change and even having one element to break up just how traditional it is, it could work, maybe it won't work and it will go away, but I think it's an interesting and good time to go and try things like this. You may not get the opportunity like this to try different things. I think it's cool, interesting. It's one way that kind of evens the playing field between juniors and heavys. I mean, having a stipulation could be a benefit. Like, if I'm wrestling Okada, maybe I can come up with a stipulation in my favor that maybe levels the playing field. I wouldn't be able to beat Okada in a regular 1 vs. 1 match, but maybe if I introduce something that is different and unique, that puts me in favor. It could make things interesting. Maybe let's check it out and see how it unfolds and see the conclusions. Hey, it could work out, it could completely flop, but I think it's worth the try and swinging the bat," Romero said.

Although it will be quite some time before Romero can go back to Japan and wrestle there, he does have an idea of what he would propose for a KOPW match stipulation. Instead of a cage match, a weapons match or a submissions match, Romero wants barbed wires and explosions in his match and he would love to have it with current IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion Jon Moxley.

"It definitely wouldn't be Boneryard Match (laughs). I want to do some exploding barbed wire matches, just something that's totally not me. If I'm going to do something, it's going to be something super out there, like you wouldn't expect me to. I think something like that would be crazy, once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing. Give me Moxley in an exploding barbed wire match," Romero said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
During a photo shoot Wednesday, Cody Rhodes was surprised when he was presented with the new version of the AEW TNT Championship belt.

Featuring plenty of gold, red, and the same design of plates as the original, this version was originally slated to be done by May's Double or Nothing but was delayed due to COVID-19. Rhodes pinned Lance Archer in the finals of a tournament to win the inaugural title, presented that night by Mike Tyson.

Rhodes is set to defend the title against Scorpio Sky on Wednesday's Dynamite, the first time the belt will be seen on national TV.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote