View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 05:34 AM   #21
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, consistently quick. It was like when I watched the first season of Being Human, and then saw the first season of the UK version. The entire first season here was done in about the first five episodes of the original. This felt kinda like the reverse: like there maybe could have been a couple more episodes worth of filler (I hate to phrase it that way, but I think you get what I mean). Part of why it felt like it was rushed is
SPOILER: show
the sheer amount of deaths before you had time to give a shit about who's dying. I'm not even talking about the miscellaneous collateral damage either. It had sort of the opposite effect of "damn, this important person is dead" because they kept doing it to the point that it seemed like EVERYONE was potentially expendable and why should I care? Machine Head was fun for about 30 seconds and... oh, that's over. Even though he didn't even die, Darkblood getting banished seemed like a shit payoff to a potentially cool character. At one point, I thought that whole thing Robot was doing was an effort to copy Invincible because even the titular character is super expendable.

I haven't read the comics either, but there have apparently been *tweaks* to the story anyway, so I figure it will prob'ly move in a similar fashion to The Boys where this is/will be some "wait, that didn't happen" divergence or enough little changes to make this series its own continuity.

It's not exactly a bad thing, and I don't fault it for it. I'm the person who liked Ready Player One in spite of ALL THE BUTCHERING the film made to the story because, from the outside, I got why the changes were made. And I would have *loved* that movie in a vaccum, but having gone through the book first, I was a little... disappointed when comparing it only because I knew better. I don't want that for this, so I'm not even going to touch the comics.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote