View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 09:05 AM   #3
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This, for me personally, was the apex of Star Fox. I've not played any Star Fox titles since this one.

The game was so damn fun, the movement at the time was amazing. The Rumble Pack also enhanced the experience with great feedback.

I remember yelling in awe the first time Fox said "Going into all range mode!" and you were given "free flight" in a contained boss area.

The dog fights with Star Wolf and his team was the icing on the cake! That was some epiiiiiiic gameplay, especially when traversing the "hard" levels.

Smashed the hell outta that game. Then I remember getting an issue of Gamepro that talked about the path to get the "best" ending (hard mode). Having to achieve certain objectives on certain levels (like shooting the railroad switches to destroy a boss). I remember a submarine level or two as well.

I did end up beating the hard mode path as well. The final dog fight with Star Wolf's team before the Andross fight was VERY intense.

Loved this game. I just watched footage of Star Fox Zero.... I need that now.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote