Thread: The GOAT
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 10:56 PM   #22
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
this brings up a solid thought:

is being your all time favorite the same as being the greatest? i see a large distinction between those two things. my personal favorite migh not be the greates that ever lived.

for example: beatles are the greatest band of all time. they shaped a culture shift that reverberated globaly.

queen is my favorite band. they bring me the most pleasure.
That could one of those yes & no type answers since its possible for your all-time favorite to also be the greatest of all time as well depending on the circumstances.

Like as Pats fan, Tom Brady is my favorite player ever and a strong case could be made that he's also the GOAT in football.

For baseball, Ken Griffey Jr. is my favorite all-time player but I wouldn't put him as the GOAT in baseball from a non-personal perspective. Had Griffey's body not fallen apart post-Mariners career, he probably would have had a very strong case to be a potential GOAT in baseball.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote