View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 12:52 PM   #2931
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
With his charisma I think he'd settle in well as an announcer which, coincidentally, is what AEW is doing with him in real life. Not sure if non-wrestlers can hold second jobs as announcers like wrestlers and managers can, though.

In terms of angles I think his best value would be to help put over some of the company's big guys, but online people are split on whether it's a good idea or not.

People forget there's a big difference between WWE big and everywhere else big. When Drew McIntyre got released and went to the indies at 6'5", 265 lbs he looked so much bigger than most of the people he wrestled. He goes back to WWE and now looks par for the course.

Jon Moxley/Dean Ambrose is 6'2" which was not anything special in WWE land despite being big by normal life standards. FTR/The Revival are 5'10", 225 lbs each and didn't look remotely big in WWE, in fact some people on this board called them vanilla midgets. In AEW? They seem like a couple of thick dudes and heavy hitters.

In EWR land, Wardlow would absolutely get over by beating down Wight just on the overness discrepancy alone. But in real life? Wardlow is a company "big guy" at 6'3" and built like a brick shithouse...does standing him toe to toe with thew 7' giant in Wight kill his image?

As someone who doesn't care about height, Wardlow press slamming Wight would make me mark out and make me think it helps legitimize him. But for the many people on this board who get hung up on size and think the lack of focus on size outside of WWE makes everything else seem minor league, they'd think it would just bury Wight and make it all look like a farce. It's all a matter of perspective.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote