View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 07:05 PM   #2421
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
You keep saying that. What are you even talking about? Asuka has been at 11 the whole time. Shes oozed charisma and swagger since her debut match. None of that has ever changed. The difference is they replaced her edge with dancing little jigs and spouting english phrases because she thinks theyre funny. Thats not "dialing it up to 11". Thats random bullshit. And yes, its good to have a break from more serious characters, but that should be reserved for people who need that kind of behavior to get over and cant pull off a serious persona. Not someone whos fucking great at it.

Do you have any proof that this change has generated new fan interest in Asuka? And who is this wider audience that whacky Asuka appeals to? Because if theres anyone who became huge asuka fans after the shift in tone, I feel like they could have gained their viewership just as easily by jangling a set of keys in front of the camera.
She has had the swagger since the debut, yeah... but it has been dialed up to the extreme. That includes the little dances, which she always did, but again... just been turned way up.

I dunno about spouting random English phrases, maybe I haven't seen enough... all I've heard her say in English is her usual "Nobody is ready for Asuka" thing.

I can't possibly have proof as to new fan interest, but after pretty much ruining her after her debut and killing a lot of interest in her.... it took this pandemic and her dialing up the swagger to get people invested in her again. Could they have got people invested by just booking her strong again and not dialing up the swag? Yeah, probably. Both ways are good, I'm just happy she's around and there's another "top female star" to be had.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote