View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 07:42 PM   #1278
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite the coronavirus and concerns around it affecting business, sports, and entertainment events around the world, WWE announced Wednesday they are moving ahead with this year's WrestleMania 36 in Tampa, FL.

"The health and safety of our fans, performers and employees are our top priorities and we are monitoring the situation closely with our partners and government officials in Tampa Bay. We remain committed to hosting WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, April 5, and like other entertainment properties in the U.S., there are currently no plans to cancel or postpone our upcoming events."

The cancellation of major spectator events hasn't hit the United States with cancellations or postponements even as new cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to pop up daily including several cases in the Tampa Bay area. Major League Baseball said they have no plans to cancel or postpone games while the NBA and NHL have continued their seasons without issue.

The main concern is with travelers coming from around the world to the WWE's biggest annual event plus all of the additional events throughout the week. As of this writing, there have been 80 reported cases of COVID-19 in the United States with nine deaths. 24 of those are travel related. More than 95,000 people worldwide have been affected with 3264 deaths, nearly all in mainland China.
Probably would need to hit an Italy-like epidemic level before major events start getting cancelled assuming the government would even step in like other countries have done.

Quote:
Basketball Hall of Famer and occasional professional wrestling personality Dennis Rodman will be featured on a new episode of WWE Untold later this month.

The Rodman episode of the documentary-style series will premiere on the WWE Network at 10 a.m. Eastern time on Sunday, March 22. It will cover Rodman & Hollywood Hogan's match against Karl Malone & DDP from WCW Bash at the Beach 1998.
Quote:
AEW has revealed their first set of post-Revolution roster rankings.

After losing the AEW World Championship to Jon Moxley at Saturday's pay-per-view, Chris Jericho is now ranked as the top contender in the men's division. MJF has moved up to second after his win against Cody.

Kris Statlander has fallen to third in the women's division after unsuccessfully challenging Nyla Rose for the AEW Women's Championship at Revolution. Hikaru Shida is currently ranked first.

The Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson), who defeated SCU's Scorpio Sky & Frankie Kazarian on the Revolution pre-show, are the new top contenders in the tag team division. The Young Bucks have fallen to second after losing to champions Kenny Omega & Hangman Page at Revolution.

The full rankings for this week are listed below:
Men's division --

Champion: Jon Moxley (7-0 singles record in 2020, 12-1-1 overall record)
  • Chris Jericho (0-1 singles record in 2020, 10-2-1 overall record)
  • MJF (3-0 singles record in 2020, 7-1 overall record)
  • Kenny Omega (1-0 singles record in 2020, 17-6 overall record)
  • Cody (3-1 singles record in 2020, 10-4-1 overall record)
  • PAC (2-2 singles record in 2020, 7-6-1 overall record)

Women's division --

Champion: Nyla Rose (4-1 singles record in 2020, 8-4 overall record)
  • Hikaru Shida (3-1 singles record in 2020, 8-4 overall record)
  • Riho (3-1 singles record in 2020, 11-4 overall record)
  • Kris Statlander (2-2 singles record in 2020, 6-4 overall record)
  • Yuka Sakazaki (1-1 singles record in 2020, 1-4 overall record)
  • Britt Baker (2-2 singles record in 2020, 10-6 overall record)

Tag team division --

Champions: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (6-0 tag team record in 2020, 17-6 overall record for Omega, 12-8 overall record for Page)
  • The Dark Order (5-0 tag team record in 2020, 9-2 overall record for Evil Uno, 9-2 overall record for Stu Grayson)
  • The Young Bucks (2-2 tag team record in 2020, 12-9 overall record for Nick Jackson, 12-8 overall record for Matt Jackson)
  • SCU (2-3 tag team record in 2020, 15-7 overall record for Scorpio Sky, 14-6 overall record for Frankie Kazarian
  • Best Friends (3-2 tag team record in 2020, 9-12 overall record for Trent Barreta, 8-9 overall record for Chuck Taylor)
  • Private Party (1-0 tag team record in 2020, 7-5 overall record for Marq Quen, 7-5 overall record for Isiah Kassidy)
Quote:
An NJPW legend is the latest addition to ROH's Pure title tournament.

ROH announced today that former IWGP Heavyweight Champion Yuji Nagata will take part in the Pure title tournament. He's the 10th entrant confirmed for it, joining Doug Williams, Jonathan Gresham, Alex Shelley, Rocky Romero, Mark Haskins, Slex, Tracy Williams, Marty Scurll, and Fred Yehi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The IIconics, Billie Kaye and Peyton Royce, are backstage at tonight's WWE NXT taping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Real Japan Pro-Wrestling chairman Shinma Kotobuki recently announced that Original Tiger Mask, Satoru Sayama is suffering from a condition he described as “close to Parkinson’s disease” which is making his walking difficult.

Real Pro Wrestling will be holding their “Original Tiger Mask Satoru Sayama Strong Style Wrestling Vol. 5” event in Tokyo, Japan at Korakuen Hall on 3/19/20. They hope Sayama is able to make an appearance if he’s feeling well enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On the latest episode of Chris Jericho’s ‘Talk Is Jericho’ podcast, he told the story of the AEW World Championship going missing after winning the belt at All Out. The gist of the story is that Jericho carried the title in a grey sack and nobody knew the title was in the bag before he boarded a private jet. After Jericho and those who were with him got off the flight, they used a limousine service that was based in Tampa but the service could be used in Tallahassee as well. Jericho is of the belief that the driver had something to do with the belt being stolen but he has not been able to confirm that.

“So, as we’re getting ready to leave, I say, ‘We’re really hungry. We wanna go grab a bite. Let’s just go to a steakhouse. Let’s go to Outback’, and so there was an Outback kind of near and the guy says, ‘Let’s just go to Longhorn. It’s closer to where we need to go.’ Now I put it into my GPS and it was a little bit closer but it was pretty much the same thing. ‘Outback, Longhorn? Which one would you guys like to do? Let’s just do Longhorn, whatever.’ So for the people going, ‘Well why did you go to Longhorn?’ That’s the reason why, because the driver said, ‘Let’s go to Longhorn.’ See a pattern here? See a pattern starting to develop? So we go to Longhorn and we have some food, and I notice, probably 15 or 20 minutes into sitting there and it’s not a big restaurant, it’s not super packed and when you walk into the front door, we were sitting at a table that was in eyesight’s view of the front door. So, the guy comes in, the driver, and he goes to the front door and he starts kind of walking around the restaurant, and we see him come in. We’re like, ‘Isn’t that our driver? What’s he doing?’ He’s kind of just wandering around and just kind of hanging out… and he kind of wanders over to our table about five minutes later and says, ‘Hey, just wanted to check your address. Is that a residence or an apartment?’ And I’m like, ‘It’s a residence. What difference does it make? Just put it into your GPS.’ He goes, ‘Ah! Just wanted to make sure. I was just checking,’ and then he walks out. I’m like, ‘That’s peculiar. Like why would he walk in here, wander around for five minutes then come over and ask me a completely irrelevant question to where we’re going and then walk out?’ Huh. Almost like he was, I don’t know, maybe stalling inside the restaurant, right?’

So we’re hanging out and we finish up our dinner and we’re eating and the guy comes in again, about 20 minutes after that, and he comes in and says, ‘Your title belt is missing.’ I said, ‘What!?’ He goes, ‘Your title belt, the championship belt is missing.’ Now first of all I’m thinking, ‘How do you know there’s a title belt in there? It’s in a bag.’ It’s not the job of a driver to go through people’s bags when they’re inside. I go, ‘What do you mean it’s missing!?’ He goes, ‘Yeah, you put it in there. I came out and it was gone’, and I’m like, ‘What the f*ck are you talking about!? What is it — what!? What are you talking about?’ So we go outside, and here’s the thing: it was my wife’s birthday that week so I bought her a big bouquet of flowers and a vase to take home, and when we go out there, the vase that was in the back of the truck is now in the backseat. It’s gone from the trunk area to the backseat, and I’m like, ‘Well how do you know the thing is gone?’ He said, ‘Well I just went to go look in the back’ and it’s obvious when he looked in the back, that the flowers fell out onto the ground. He never mentioned the fact that the flowers fell out onto the ground. He just mentioned the fact that the belt was gone. So I just start flipping out because I’m like, ‘You are a stupid…’”
Quote:
Joey Janela announced that Lord Adrean and Tahir2x, who are the individuals that have been going viral on social media for their Walmart wrestling, are scheduled to appear at Spring Break 4.
Quote:
Lita did an interview with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated to promote she, Gail Kim and Christy Hemme’s ‘KAYfABE’ wrestling show that they are planning on launching. Lita was asked does she think this project could damage her relationship with WWE and she stated that she can’t be worried about making anyone upset and is hoping WWE would be proud of them for their venture.

“Our goal is to actually make progress and make this business better. I would like to think they’re business-minded and can see that. This project means so much to me, so whatever it takes, I want to make this project work. I can’t spend time worrying about making someone mad. We’re making decisions for the purity of this project and to make it happen, these are conversations that need to happen in wrestling in order for us to move forward. While they could not like it, I’m hoping they are proud of us as business people.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Teddy Hart has been arrested for the second time in 2020 on the afternoon of March 4th, in Richmond, Virginia. Further details regarding arrest are currently uncertain.

Hart was previously arrested on February 12th, also in Richmond. Hart was charged with three counts of possession, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance and possession with intent to sell and distribute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Nick Aldis has hit 500 days as NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Aldis, a two-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, won the title from Cody in a two-out-of-three falls match at NWA 70th Anniversary Show on October 21, 2018. Since his victory on that night, Aldis has gone on to defend the title against the likes of Marty Scurll, Jimmy Havoc, Billy Gunn, James Storm, Ricky Morton and Flip Gordon.

Should Aldis hold the title for another five days, he will surpass Blue Demon Jr for the longest reign of this millennium, and the second-longest reign since the 70s.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote