View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #1674
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
The Clark Kent mindset was what I always loved about Superman. Even though he's an invulnerable, nigh-omnipotent alien, he always just saw himself as a country yokel who grew up on a farm. When he's not punching out gods and bench-pressing continents, he'd be watching football with his dad or taking his wife out to dinner. Kind of the opposite of Batman, who absolutely has to believe his own hype in order to be who he is, Superman does unbelievable things but doesn't believe his hype at all. That was what made Superman a great character: that juxtaposition of the absolutely incredible and the everyday and mundane.

This, though? Now he's just fucking Doctor Manhattan.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx TriaD
So we're just jumping straight into the comic where Superman gets the shit beaten out of him by Batman like every single other crossover in the last thirty years? I mean, I know every writer since Frank Miller has taken turns making Superman look like shit so Batman looks cooler by comparison (basically making him the Cyclops to Bruce's Wolverine), but could you at least bother to build the guy up a little bit before jobbing him out to Batman?
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote