View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 12:34 PM   #2580
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I watched AJPW quite a bit in 2018. Their main event scene was mostly hosses that beat the shit out of each other, and the smaller athletic ace, Kento Miyahara to play the underdog. Undercard was a bit shit though.

I haven't watched Noah but I've heard good things. Go Shiozaki vs Kazuyuki Fujita was apparently an early match of the year candidate. Which is wild when you consider how terrible Fujita was in njpw.
Thanks for that.

I was wondering if maybe trying to find a promotion to tick all boxes is a bit of a false goal? Maybe the plan should be to look to the main stuff from each promotion and take their best, because none of them are deep enough to put together whole shows of greatness.

I haven’t watched much of his recent work, but Go Shiozaki looks pretty impressive these days. He comes off like a company ace. I don’t know much about Funaki, except for him being one of the Inokiism guys, but they’ve seemed to have put him into this role of being a bad-ass veteran that half-way works for him (at least to the point they made him a champion of some sorts).

Who is booking NOAH these days?

I’ve had this sneaking suspicion that something big could shake out in the next coming year regarding momentum in Japan. It’s all speculative, but I’ve just got this feeling that Kenny Omega’s going to be done with AEW, and probably still be on the outs with New Japan. Kota Ibushi seems to be out of all New Japan plans for the foreseeable future. I can see CyberFight making a play for them. And besides Japanese popularity, I can see that side of things being more open to using women in conjunction with their shows in order to make their US expansion more palatable.

I just saw the other day that Timothy Thatcher is doing work with NOAH. I think they’d be wise to go after Claudio Castagnoli and/or Windham Rotunda too. Really bounce out that gaijin side.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote