View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 10:30 PM   #2178
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
JANUARY 14, 2005 - SMACKDOWN!

Last week, Avery Thompson and Mark Henry interfered in the friendly competition between the Dudley Boyz and Gunnstantino. Tonight, Billy Gunn and Rico Constantino have challenged Thompson and Henry, and Los Guerreros have agreed to take on the winners for the World Tag Team Titles next week. The rookie Thompson is still not really clicking with fans, which is sad because he's got some skills. Eventually, "Nature Boy" Dave Batista makes a surprise appearance, blasting Rico with a Batista Bomb while the ref was distracted, and Mark Henry picks up the pieces by covering Rico for the win. After the match, he goes to hit Rico with another Batista Bomb, but the Dudley Boyz make the save, and it looks like the contenders picture is still up in the air.

As Batista walks up the ramp, he's joined by Theodore Long, who introduces the new Nature Boy as his newest client. Batista is going to be Long's newest weapon as he continues to try to take down Rico. Batista stares into the ring with a menacing look as we go to commercial.

Four nights ago on RAW, Tajiri obliterated Eddie Guerrero following a loss, and he's looking to continue his dominance tonight. His opponent is a debuting Teddy Hart (yes, that's right, Teddy Hart's in WWE!). As soon as the bell rings, Tajiri hits a back heel kick, a fallaway slam, a cross body, a big kick to the teeth, then the Kick Of Death to cap off the squash. Tajiri continues the beating after the bell sounds, then walks off, with Teddy Hart laid out.

Intercontinental Champion John Cena walks out onto the ramp and gets in Tajiri's face. He has a microphone and he calls out Tajiri for what he did to Eddie on Monday. We know Eddie's in no shape to come out and defend himself, so Cena's here on behalf of his friend. Tajiri wants his heat back after getting his ass kicked at the Royal Rumble? How about Cena and Tajiri for the Intercontinental Title? Tajiri accepts, and the match is on! We've got our first match for next month's pay-per-view offering!

Last week, The Hurricane and Matt Hardy Version 2.0 put on a match of the year candidate, only for Matt to get laid out by Paul London afterwards. Tonight, they're going to try to top it. They almost do, but there's no clean finish as Randy Orton (just four nights removed from being forcibly removed from RAW) attacks Hurricane with a chair! Matt picks up the pieces by rolling him up for three. Afterwards, they double-team Hurricane until fellow masked crusader Rey Mysterio makes the save! What is Randy Orton doing?

Back from commercial, WWE General Manager Eric Bischoff asks that very question. Orton says that he's doing what it takes to get noticed. Months back, Eric Bischoff told the locker room that there were opportunities to get noticed. "That's not what I meant, Randy. I meant that I wanted the best of the best on both brands. And you get there by winning matches. Randy, you looked good against Rob Van Dam. But you didn't look Elite." "Well, then I guess the attacks are just going to keep coming..."

Brock Lesnar still seems to be floating aimlessly around the card, but he continues to have kick-ass matches, and tonight's contest with Rey Mysterio is no exception. Really good back-and-forth action until Rey backdrops Brock over the top rope and to the floor. As he reaches out to grab him, he gets a face full of ring bell! The ref would signal for the bell if it weren't wrapped around Mysterio's face! Obviously Lesnar's been disqualified.

Christian's music hits, and the 2005 Royal Rumble winner continues to draw mega heat. He comes out onto the stage and he actually speaks this time. "Over the last five days, all I've been asked is 'Rhyno or The Rock? Rhyno or The Rock?' What everyone should be talking about is, well... Me! Nobody thought I belonged in the Elite. Nobody thought I had a chance on Sunday. But who's got a WrestleMania title shot in his back pocket? Me! I beat 29 other WWE Superstars in one night. What's more Elite than that? But if everybody wants to know if I want Rhyno or The Rock at WrestleMania 21...? How about we let them prove which of them is worthy of main-eventing against me? Next month, I propose a tag match. The Rock and Rhyno against the man who'll be taking whichever title he damn well pleases, and the man who - like me - can wrestle, talk, and perform circles around those two... Chris Jericho!" What a main event for the next-to-last stop on the Road To WrestleMania!

Well, that tag main event makes tonight's double-main-event make more sense, because we now have a pair of huge singles matches! First up, it's a non-title encounter between WWE Champion The Rock and Chris Jericho, and once again we've got a Match Of The Year candidate. Rock starts off slow with a slam, but Jericho quickly gets momentum back with a spinning back kick and a back heel kick for a two-count. Rock backdrops Jericho and hits his trademark spike slam for two. Sick powerbomb gets two more. Jericho kicks Rock in the face, then hits a spinning arm drag for two. Jericho clamps on a hammerlock, but Rock reverses it into the Rock Bottom! Out of nowhere, Chris Benoit appears in the ring and slaps on a Crippler Crossface! The referee calls for the bell, but Canadian Violence has tied Rock up in the ropes and take turns pummeling him with punches as we head into the break.

We come back with a recap of the pre-commercial angle and Eric Bischoff in his office. He talks about the two matches that have already been announced for next month, and he's got one more to go. Next month, we'll see the return of an old classic. We already know that Christian and Jericho will face Rhyno and The Rock and that John Cena will defend the Intercontinental Title against Tajiri. Plus, on RAW Eddie Guerrero earned a Cruiserweight Title shot, and we couldn't see Eddie tonight because of the ferocious beating Tajiri gave him. But Eddie will be back up to 100% in time for his shot at Matt Hardy Version 2.0... at Superbrawl!!!

Rhyno and Christian go one-on-one in our main event, and if Rhyno is Christian's opponent at WrestleMania 21, we can expect a classic. Rhyno starts off with punches, then blasts a running knee lift and a big clothesline. Christian fights back with a snap suplex and a brainbuster for two. Rhyno hits a bulldog for two, then a standing spinebuster for two more. Christian clamps on an armbar, but Rhyno counters into a spinning neckbreaker. They battle into the corner, and the referee tries to separate them. They each shove him away, and the ref has no choice but to call for the double disqualification! They continue to battle to ringside, then over the railing and into the crowd. The crowd is eating this up! We fade to black on the image of these two trying to tear each other apart!
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote