View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #2488
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WCW Fall Brawl (9/21/03)

Hype Video

The preshow concludes with a video hyping tonight's Shane Helms/Jeff Jarrett WCW World Title match.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan vs. AJ Styles

AJ Styles connects with a back heel kick on Duggan and gets back up quickly. Duggan takes a flying neckbreaker from AJ Styles. Hooks the leg for a two count. Jim Duggan reverses a hip toss. Boring brawling from Jim Duggan is the cure for insomnia. Jim Duggan connects on AJ Styles with a flurry in the corner...but no one seems to care. A powerslam so weak, my grandmother could have performed it, is actually pulled off by Duggan on Styles. Styles blocks a punch. Styles crushes Duggan with a huge legdrop. Ric Flair is at ringside! Duggan wastes valuable time by yelling at Flair! AJ Styles takes advantage of the distraction and nails Duggan from behind! Jim Duggan is in trouble. Here it comes - Styles Clash. 1....2...3, it's finished. AJ Styles smiles and walks over and shakes hands with Ric Flair, thanking him for interfering and helping win this match.

Overall Rating: 71%
Crowd Reaction: 77%
Match Quality: 59%

Ernest "The Cat" Miller vs. Konnan

Konnan hits a right hand on Ernest Miller and follows it up with a couple more. Konnan strikes away at Ernest Miller, not doing much damage at all. Konnan with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on The Cat. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. The Cat gets splashed in the corner. The Cat powers out of a headlock. Ernest Miller hits a weak elbow on Konnan. Ernest Miller DDTs Konnan in a move that is so poorly executed, you can actually see that Konnan's head didn't touch the mat at all. There's a two count on the pin. Konnan counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Big clothesline from Konnan. There's a two count on the pin. Sloppy discus punch from Konnan barely connects on The Cat. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Ernest Miller avoids a Konnan avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Uninspiring brawling from Ernest Miller. Check them brawlin' stats, boy. Konnan reverses a waistlock. Konnan with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on The Cat. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Konnan has Ernest Miller down on the canvas. Here it comes...Tequila Sunrise! Ernest Miller taps! Ernest Miller extends his hand to Konnan...and it is accepted! They shake!

Overall Rating: 62%
Crowd Reaction: 65%
Match Quality: 58%

Scott Hall vs. Nikita Koloff

A weak headbutt on Koloff by Hall causes nothing but pain for both. Scott Hall hits Koloff. Scott Hall with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Koloff. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Koloff gets splashed in the corner. Nikita Koloff reverses a hip toss. Boring brawling from Nikita Koloff is the cure for insomnia. BIG clothesline from Koloff. 'BIG' because it missed by a mile! Covers for a quick two count. Hall ducks a wild right hand. Hall hits a piledriver on Nikita Koloff. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. There's a two count on the pin. Scott Hall scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Koloff pushes out of a Scott Hall hold. Nikita Koloff DOESN'T take a page out of Andre the Giant's book and hits an incredibly weak headbutt on Hall. Hall pushes out of a Nikita Koloff hold. Nikita Koloff takes a right hand to the temple from Hall. Nikita Koloff can barely stand. Here it comes - Outsider's Edge. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Overall Rating: 66%
Crowd Reaction: 73%
Match Quality: 52%

America's Most Wanted (Chris Harris & James Storm) vs. Natural Born Thrillers (Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire)

O'Haire is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Flying shoulder tackle by Storm sends O'Haire CRASHING to the mat. Covers for a quick two count. Storm charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Running knee lift from Sean O'Haire. Sean O'Haire hits a bulldog off the ropes. Tag to Chuck Palumbo. Side suplex from Palumbo. Storm counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Tag between James Storm and Chris Harris. Palumbo gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Wildcat slams Chuck Palumbo down and motions to the crowd. Hooks the leg for a two count. Spear by Chris Harris. Wildcat tags out to James Storm. High Angle DDT by James Storm just SPIKES Chuck Palumbo down! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Chuck Palumbo pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Chuck Palumbo strikes James Storm with a hard blow. Palumbo tags out to Sean O'Haire. Running knee lift from Sean O'Haire. O'Haire and Palumbo have James Storm to themselves. Seanton Bomb! 1....2....3! It's over.

Overall Rating: 76%
Crowd Reaction: 77%
Match Quality: 75%

Street Fight - Road Warrior Animal vs. Big Van Vader

Vader scoops and slams Road Warrior Animal. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Animal gets slammed onto a trash can, squashing it. Vader scoops and slams Road Warrior Animal. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Hooks the leg for a two count. Running knee lift from Big Van Vader. Hooks the leg for a two count. Road Warrior Animal pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Some pretty weak shots by Animal. Hooks the leg for a two count. Messed up bodyslam by Animal almost kills Vader. Vader blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Road Warrior Animal gets knocked to the ground by Vader. Here it comes - Vader Splash, forget about it. 1....2...3!

Overall Rating: 61%
Crowd Reaction: 70%
Match Quality: 42%

Cruiserweight Title Tournament Final - Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera

Juvi just WAFFLES Chavo with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Juventud Guerrera strikes Chavo. Flying elbow from Juventud Guerrera connects. Second rope flying axe handle, Chavo goes down. One day, Juvi might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Chavo counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Juvi takes a flying neckbreaker from Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Flying reverse elbow by Chavo Guerrero Jr.. There's a two count on the pin. Juventud Guerrera reverses a hip toss. Super kick by Juventud Guerrera. Covers for a quick two count. Tiger suplex on Chavo. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Chavo Guerrero Jr. once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Chavo hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Chavo charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Spin kick by Juventud Guerrera to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Ric Flair is at ringside! Chavo wastes valuable time by yelling at Flair! Juventud Guerrera takes advantage of the distraction and nails Chavo from behind! Juventud Guerrera moves in for the kill. Juvi Driver! 1....2....3. Juventud Guerrera shakes hands with Ric Flair, showing that their plan worked perfectly.

Overall Rating: 68%
Crowd Reaction: 57%
Match Quality: 79%

WCW World Heavyweight Title - Shane Helms (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett

Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Jarrett goes down. Jeff Jarrett is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Jarrett slams Shane Helms. Shane Helms charges, Jarrett moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Powerbomb on Helms. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Shane Helms once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Spin kick by Shane Helms to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Spinebuster by Shane Helms. Covers for a quick two count. Diamond Dust from Shane Helms and Jarrett is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Jarrett counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Jarrett hits a piledriver on Shane Helms. That used to end matches, you know. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Helms reverses a Jeff Jarrett hammerlock. Sting comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Clothesline...but Helms ducks! Jeff Jarrett gets hit! Shane Helms knocks Sting out of the ring. Shane Helms has Jeff Jarrett down on the canvas. Here it comes - Shining Wizard, forget about it. 1....2...3! Sting remains in the ring. Jeff Jarrett pushes the referee away. Jeff Jarrett spins Sting around. Jeff Jarrett hits the Stroke!

Overall Rating: 84%
Crowd Reaction: 85%
Match Quality: 83%

War Games - Team WCW (Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Booker T, Dustin Rhodes, and Rey Mysterio Jr.) vs. New World Order (Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, and Scott Norton)

Lex Luger DOESN'T take a page out of Andre the Giant's book and hits an incredibly weak headbutt on Hogan. Punch by Luger, missing Hogan COMPLETELY. I'm just glad thatHogan didn't sell it. Scott Steiner hits a right hand on Hulk Hogan and follows it up with a couple more. Goldberg receives some punishment by Scott Steiner but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Poppa Pump \ Sting whip Goldberg into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Buff Bagwell hits Goldberg. Goldberg gets splashed in the corner. Buff Bagwell throws Goldberg into the cage. Sting scoops up Goldberg. Buff bounces off the ropes and hits a flying Hart Attack clothesline. Powerslam from Sting on Goldberg. Sting throws Goldberg into the cage. Running clothesline from Scott Norton was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Scott Norton hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. Side suplex from Luger. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Lex Luger launches Goldberg into the cage wall. Goldberg is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Rey crushes Luger with a running senton. Rey Mysterio Jr. launches Luger into the cage wall. Rey \ Dustin whip Luger into the corner. Rey Mysterio Jr. whips Dustin Rhodes in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Dustin Rhodes throws Poppa Pump into the cage. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Dustin Rhodes connects and Scott Steiner is down! Dustin Rhodes drives Poppa Pump into the cage side. Scott Steiner once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Weak bodyslam on Dustin by Poppa Pump sets up a legdrop. Big clothesline from Norton. Scott Norton gets taken down out of nowhere! Running knee lift from Booker T. Big piledriver on Norton. Death valley driver by Booker T! No one executes that move properly anymore. Booker \ Rey whip Norton into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Tiger suplex on Norton. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Rey Mysterio Jr. spins Norton around. Rey Mysterio Jr. hits the West Coast Hop! Rey Mysterio Jr. pulls Norton up again, and hits another one! Scott Norton groggily stands up, having to use the ropes for leverage....and there's a third West Coast Hop! It looks like Scott Norton has been knocked out cold, and the referee is stopping the match as a result!

Overall Rating: 71%
Crowd Reaction: 78%
Match Quality: 57%

Quick Results (Buy Rate 1.56)
  1. Hype video for WCW Title Match
  2. AJ Styles over Jim Duggan with help from Ric Flair
  3. Konnan over Ernest Miller
  4. Scott Hall over Nikita Koloff
  5. Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire over America's Most Wanted
  6. STREET FIGHT - Big Van Vader over Road Warrior Animal
  7. CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE - Juventud Guerrera over Chavo Guerrero Jr. to win the vacant title with help from Ric Flair
  8. WORLD TITLE - Shane Helms (c) over Jeff Jarrett thanks to botched interference from Sting
  9. WAR GAMES - Team WCW over Team nWo when Mysterio knocks Norton out
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote