View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #2053
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Well, at the very least, here's the Royal Rumble for 2014:

The 30 Man Royal Rumble
Backstory: Well, back in 1988, Vince McMahon needed to fill an hour-long slot on the USA network and was having a tough time coming up with what do on the show. Pat Patterson then came along and said, "Hey, thanks for that Intercontinental Title, Vince. I wonder how long we can keep pulling that whole "tournament in Brazil" thing." And then Vince said, "Hey, thanks for the ass-kissing, Pat. By God, have you seen my gold plated limo? That Hulk fella's making one rich son-of-a-bitch. I don't really feel like going to Canada for this USA special thing, though. You mind booking that thing? Canadian's make me feel all creepy. Like that Bret kid we signed a while back." And then Pat was all, "Oh, I got a great idea for that thing, Vince! Lot's of men!" And then Vince was all, "That's your answer for everything, Pat." Then they laughed about that and then Pat told him about his Rumble Royale with Cheese idea but then Vince corrected him by pointing out that although France has the metric system and there are French-Canadians who would understand the title, it would be best to have a name for non-metric countries. Pat then pointed out that that's only the U.S. and then Vince said, "F*CK YEAH! U-S-A! U-S-A!". Thus the Royal Rumble was born.

WWE Title: John Morrison (c) vs. U.S. Heavyweight Champion Ted DiBiase
Backstory: John Morrison has been on a role after his draft to Raw and immediate title win over HHH his first night in. Ted DiBiase believes he's on a similar track and has demanded his opportunity at the title. Will Morrison embark on another amazing year or is greatness truly in the genes of Ted DiBiase?

World Heavyweight Title: Chris Sylvain (c) vs. Shawn Michaels
Backstory: Shawn earned this opportunity by winning the Bragging Rights Triple Threat match on SmackDown! against his Bragging Rights teammates CM Punk and Shelton Benjamin. His arrival on SmackDown! seems to be a gateway to a revitalized career for HBK but standing in his path is the reigning World Champion for the last 8 months; a man with only one loss to his name and who seems to have no respect for the legacy of the Showstopper. Shawn vows that Sylvain's overconfidence will be his downfall. It's classic old-school vs. new school at the Royal Rumble for the World Heavyweight Title!

WWE Unified Tag Team Championship: Cash Inc. (c) vs. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels vs. Tajiri and ???
Backstory: It's the annual Triple Threat Tag Team Title match where the champions must defend against a team from Raw and a team from SmackDown!. Styles and Daniels seem to be doing well renewing their relationship after Daniels' tenure on SmackDown! but the injury to Tajiri's usual partner, Kaz Hayashi, leaves a huge question mark over the title match. Who will be Tajiri's replacement? There's two huge obstacles for the champions to overcome: Uncertainty and the fact that no set of champions have retained the titles in these annual tag title matches at the Royal Rumble.

WWE Cruiserweight Title: Jeremy Lopez (c) vs. Don Maiden:
Backstory: Jeremy Lopez shocked the world at Bragging Rights by bringing the Cruiserweight Title to Raw in the Triple Threat match against Don Maiden and then champion, Kevin Daniels. When Daniels' jump to Raw voided his rematch clause, Don Maiden emerged as the new number one contender after a fatal four way cruiserweight match. Maiden looks to right a wrong from Bragging Rights by taking the gold.

WWE Diva's Title: Kim Roderick (c) vs. Victoria
Backstory: Victoria's been the one Diva that Roderick has been ducking for months but after losing out in a tag match, the champ has no choice now. Will Victoria usher in the Age of Chaos at the Royal Rumble?

WWE Women's Title: Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Oracle
Backstory: The unstable and eccentric Oracle has not taken her title loss at Survivor Series well. But dealing with the Glamazon is a whole other story than the average Diva. Oracle claims to not be afraid of the dominating champion but will that be enough to unseat Phoenix?

So, there. I'm about 3 weeks away from the show but I doubt I'll get around to it anytime soon.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote