View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 01:48 AM   #8
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
The thing is the original is the only entry in the series I ever touched. Finding the NES sequels was an impossible chore back when I was younger and by the time the newer ones were released in the 2000s I'd moved on. From what I've heard I saved myself a lot of heartache and frustration.
Strangely, I loved/was addicted to all three of the NES titles, even though I only ever beat II. It seemed to be the most balanced, as I personally feel that III went a little overboard with the tricky platform jumping.

The original was hard as fuck, but looking back, it wasn't so much the platforming (even though there were tricky spots) as it was a couple of important design choices/flaws: the fixed enemy spawn points and the section near the end that makes you start a huge chunk over again if you die. I honestly think those two things were a bit of a playtest oversight written off as a feature.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote