View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #1369
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Night one of AEW's Fyter Fest on TNT saw the show's ratings rebound from a series low last week.

AEW averaged 748,000 viewers last night, up 18.2 percent from last Wednesday. In the 18-49 demo, the show was up 31.8 percent, averaging a 0.29 rating and matching its best number in that category since May 27. Dynamite finished sixth for the night on cable in the demo.

Night one of NXT's Great American Bash was much higher than usual in the 18-49 rankings, finishing 13th on cable with a 0.22 rating. That was up 15.8 percent from last week and was the best number for the show since March 4. In terms of total viewers, NXT was up 0.8 percent to an average of 792,000, its highest number since February 19 and its second best of 2020.

It's the first time since late November -- during the build to Survivor Series which featured wrestlers from Raw and SmackDown on the show -- that NXT has beaten Dynamite in total viewers on consecutive weeks. The total combined viewership of 1.54 million was up nine percent from last week and the highest number since May 27.

It was back to usual in the individual demo categories with AEW beating NXT in every one except people over 50, where NXT had a big advantage with a 0.40 rating to Dynamite's 0.29. The best category for AEW was men 18-49, where they held a 0.37 rating to NXT's 0.29.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The viewership total would be AEW’s third-highest since April 1st trailing episodes of Dynamite on May 27th (following Double or Nothing), and June 17th.

NXT’s Great American Bash special that promoted limited commercial interruptions (saved for the second hour of the show) averaged 792,000 viewers and 0.22 in the 18-49 demo. They were up 0.8% in viewers from last week and would be NXT’s second-highest viewership average in 2020 ...

AEW saw big increases across the board in the demographics as a rebound from last week’s figures. Females 12-34 led the way with a 37.5% increase, females 18-49 improved by 33%, and the main 18-49 demo was up 32%.

It was back to the usual pattern where AEW won all the key demos except for adults over 50, where NXT owned that category with a 0.40 to AEW’s 0.29.

NXT had a big increase among males 18-49 with a 26% increase, and adults 25-54 were up 18% this week. The big loss was among females 12-34 which dropped by 20%, which was a demo they beat AEW last week.
Quote:
In a move that was inevitable given the current state of the pandemic in the United States, AEW announced on Thursday that their Boston, MA, and Philadelphia, PA, Dynamite events will take place in 2021 instead.

The rescheduled show set for Philadelphia's Liacouras Center on July 29th (originally set for April 22nd) will now take place on Wednesday, April 7th while the Boston show at Agganis Arena on August 5th (originally set for April 15th) will now happen on Wednesday, April 21st.

In both cases, ticket buyers can hold their tickets for the respective shows or get refunds at their point of purchase. This will be the second time AEW has run both cities.

At this point, AEW still has six live dates scheduled for the duration of 2020: St. Louis, MO, (October 7th); Milwaukee, WI (October 28th); Houston, TX (November 4); Rochester, NY (November 11th); New Orleans, LA (December 2nd): and Albuquerque, NM (December 30th).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
All Elite Wrestling announced the following storyline suspension for Jake Hager:

AEW has suspended @RealJakeHager for 10 days and fined him an undisclosed amount for striking an official following his TNT Championship match with @CodyRhodes at Fyter Fest on #AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/ITF7JJDIAM
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) July 2, 2020
May or may not have written him off due to the allegations against him despite not being actually named from the recent wave of allegations that hit the wrestling industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE's application of 'The Man' was abandoned by the USPTO because it was initially refused back in December while still under ownership by Ric Flair, and the 6-month window to respond just passed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The trial regarding the lawsuit brought against Impact Wrestling parent company Anthem Wrestling by Jeff Jarrett and his company Global Force Entertainment (parent company of GFW) is still ongoing in Nashville, TN.

Thus far, the only confirmed note coming out of the proceedings is that GFW and Jarrett have dropped their claims of Federal Trademark Infringement and Counterfeiting of the GFW brand as well as the allegation that Anthem created Unfair Competition under Tennessee common law by their usage of the GFW brand.
Quote:
Both Faye Jackson and Brian Pillman Jr. were present backstage and at ringside for Fyter Fest. Pillman Jr. is a former MLW World Tag Team Champion and his last match with the promotion was in March for their joint-show with AAA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former Impact star Diamante was sitting in the crowd at last night's Dynamite.
Quote:
Weekly Bunshun wrote an article detailing Hana Kimura’s experiences working on Terrance House prior to her death. It features quotes from Kyoko Kimura, Hana’s mother. Kyoko said that Hana told her she was being forced by Terrace House to behave more obnoxiously on camera and the staff were the ones that instigated the ring outfit incident that led to the cyberbullying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The Knox County Board of Health in Tennessee took a vote on Wednesday to mandate a mask ordinance for anyone inside certain buildings.

The board voted 7-1 in favor of the mandate.

The lone vote to not wear a mask?

It had to be Kane.

Kane (Glenn Jacobs) is the Mayor of Knox County and, as you can see by the picture above, hasn't been a fan of the face mask during the coronavirus pandemic. Kane wore a full mask in WWE for years before he started wearing a half mask that didn't cover his mouth or nose. He was eventually unmasked in 2003. When he would wear the mask again, it was the half mask, which would also be useless during the pandemic.

Kane's stance on gloves is unclear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
A new report has details on the car accident that resulted in Velveteen Dream needing to visit the hospital. As reported on Friday, Dream was released from the hospital after his involvement in a car accident, and Wrestling Inc has some details on what went down.

According to the site, the accident took place at about 4 PM local time when Dream allegedly failed to stop at a red light. That resulted in him hitting another car. The driver of the other car sustained injuries, but it isn’t known how bad they were.

Dream was given a citation over the incident but will not appear in court.
Quote:
John Brody, WWE’s Executive Vice President, global head of sales and partnerships was the most recent guest on the SportsPro podcast. Brody discussed some of WWE’s plans to further expand their brand into Latin America and said there are some exciting things in the works that had to be delayed because of the COVID-19 outbreak.

“So, I’ve spent a lot of time in Mexico over the last few years. Also, throughout Latin, been to South America and spent a good deal of time in Brazil. There’s a tremendous culture of fandom for wrestling, for WWE throughout Latin America. Its been an area where we see opportunity and growth. It’s an area where we’d love to be able to create a televised live event. Some sort of special live event in the short-to-medium term. Our fans have passion there. We deliver tons of content through YouTube and all of our other channels and we just watch the numbers continue to go up so, anywhere we have a particular fan-base that needs to be served, we want to try to super serve them and I think there are a lot of exciting plans that we’ll be unveiling for Latin America in the months ahead. Obviously, COVID makes you have to rejigger some calendars and we’re truly a global property so when you’re a global property, you actually have to be a global property. You need to have events all around the world. You need to create compelling storylines. You need to also make sure that when you’re doing something in Latin America that you do it in language. So we’re continuing to find ways to do that whether it’s through our network, through our live events, through our digital and social to make sure we feed this insatiable thirst for WWE.”
Quote:
Edge joined Booker T and Brad Gilmore for a 30-minute chat on the ‘Hall Of Fame’ podcast. Edge is currently recovering from tearing his tricep during his match against Randy Orton at Backlash. Edge detailed when he knew he was injured and talked about some of the conversations he had with doctors in the P.C. after the match and his surgeon.

“So we’re going through the match and contrary to reports, we did it once, straight through. Like 48 minutes or whatever it was, and in coming back, I kinda wanted to re-calibrate my style a little bit and really make it a Bret Hart-kind of feel to my matches. Lot less high spots, more grappling, more wrestling, more fighting for things, selling. The little things like we talked about, right? So, we were doing this match and we’re having a blast and we got a queue at one point. I think it was like 35 minutes and I was like, ‘Woah! Alright. Man, I’m feeling great. This is awesome.’ I did a springboard into the second RKO and I went, ‘Ohh… okay, I got the cold sweats and I feel like I’m gonna throw up.’ That’s usually a sign. Now, and that’s where it popped and I thought, ‘Okay well, you know, I think I got a little bit more in the tank to finish this out’ and then we got it finished. We tried to do a couple pickup shots to see how those would feel. Maybe try and [add] a different element to the match and I didn’t like them, but we were just trying something different. Got to the back, I was like, ‘I think something happened to my tricep. I don’t think it’s complete, but it feels like something,’ and they felt around, they said, ‘We think it might be a complete [tear].’ Now, by the time I got the surgery, surgeon said, ‘You know, you probably went in with it partially torn, because the tissue was already very diseased, and my elbow had been bugging me for probably about a month but it had only bugged me when I did chest or triceps so I just thought…”
Quote:
Royal Albert Hall is going to go broke by March of 2021 if it doesn’t receive financial support according to the building’s Chief Executive Officer. Per News UK, the building has lost £12m ($14 million USD) due to being closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Chief Executive Craig Hassall said that hundreds of staff members may have to be laid off.

“The Government support has been very oblique and vague. We have lobbied hard and consistently across the sector. But [Culture Secretary] Oliver Dowden’s roadmap for recovery has no dates and nothing firm.

There is no guidance from Government on when we can open or how we can open. Without that it’s impossible for us to trade – and that means the whole sector.”

Royal Albert Hall has played host to many pro wrestling events over the years. Most recently, WWE held the 2018 United Kingdom Championship tournament in that building and that tournament was won by NXT U.K.’s Zack Gibson.
Besides those events, the venue is also the main location for NXT UK tapings.

Quote:
Bleacher Report Live posted their interview with AEW’s Wardlow. Wardlow revealed how his AEW signing came about and he credited Britt Baker for playing a role in him joining AEW. He also talked about working a quick match with Q.T. Marshall in front of Cody for only a few minutes before Cody decided to sign him.

“I was in between training sessions and I had a voicemail and I checked it and it was really just everything coming together. Cody had heard my name from a couple different people all in the same week. One of those people being Britt Baker who came up together with myself in IWC in Pittsburgh. We kind of started at the same time and grew up together in the company. So she had mentioned my name, a couple of other people. So Q.T. Marshall gave me a phone call and told me they were gonna fly me down to Atlanta to take a look at me. I go to Atlanta, work with Q.T. for maybe five minutes in front of Cody before he offered me contract.”
Quote:
Per Pro Wrestling Sheet, the people invited to Fyter Fest that were seated in the hard cam’s direction were Daily’s Place or Jaguars sponsors. Those individuals also brought family and friends. The people seated in the upper bowl of the building were likely not tested for COVID-19 because they could not possibly come into contact with anyone in the backstage or ringside areas. Anyone who was in those respective areas were tested for COVID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
WWE underwent more testing early in the week ahead of Great American Bash, with some wrestlers coming in very early for testing.

WWE has indicated that social distancing, masks, and other measures will be mandatory moving forward, saying " “As a reminder, wearing masks, sanitizing and social distancing will be required at the Performance Center this week and going forward. You'll be required to wear a mask upon entering and we ask that you adhere to these requirements in order to minimize risks.”

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote