View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #1368
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On 6/26, WWE applied to trademark "Wrestle War" for G & S: Entertainment services, namely, a show about professional wrestling; entertainment services, namely, the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered live and through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information.

Of course, Wrestlewar was the title of WCW PPVs held from 1989 through 1992, including the final chapter of the Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat trilogy.

WWE also applied to trademark "Bella Army" for G & S: Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service; providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; providing information in the fields of sports and entertainment via an online community portal; providing a website in the field of sports entertainment information; fan club services, namely, organizing sporting events in the field of wrestling for wrestling fan club members; organizing social entertainment events for entertainment purposes for wrestling fan club members; providing online newsletters in the fields of sports entertainment; online journals, namely blogs, in the field of sports entertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On today's edition of "The Bump", Alexa Bliss discussed her upcoming WWE branded podcast, "Uncool with Alexa Bliss."

Bliss said the concept of the show would be her interviewing celebrities and WWE personalities, discussing their life before they attained a level of fame.

Bliss said that she has already interviewed her childhood idols on the show and that the podcast would be coming later this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Batista tweeted the following, revealing his involvement with The Princess Bride remake on Quibi:

I'm honored to work with @JasonReitman supporting Chef José Andrés' @wckitchen with @DavidSpade @RainnWilson @JasonSegel! Thanks to a $1 million donation from @Quibi, 100,000 meals were funded! Check out our homemade fan film the Princess Bride! https://t.co/HR27NkWesx pic.twitter.com/JqWksCt9B2
— Super Duper Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) June 30, 2020

From the preview, Bautista will be playing the role of Fezzik.
Link: https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/sta...87284105691139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Becky Lynch was a guest on The Bellas Podcast to discuss her news of learning she was pregnant earlier this year, and some scenarios laid out to drop the Raw women’s title she held ...

Lynch said that she pitched the idea of dropping the Raw women’s title to Shayna Baszler at WrestleMania 36, which was taped near the end of the March. Lynch’s pitch wasn’t taken as she defeated Baszler at the show. Lynch would reveal she was pregnant during the May 11th episode of Raw where the title was presented to Asuka following her win in the Money in the Bank Ladder Match ...

Becky Lynch says she pitched to lose the RAW Women’s Title at WrestleMania 36/being pregnant while holding the title:

"So, I don’t know about you guys but you know, you have your goals and you’re working towards everything but in the back of your mind, I always wanted to be a mother, I always wanted to have a family, and I knew that… just because — so I started wrestling when I was 15, and just everything, bodybuilding… is that a word? I do bodybuilding competitions, all kinds of stuff. So I just felt like I had probably damaged my body a lot. So, I knew, okay, I wanna try and have a baby before 35, and then I met Colby [Seth Rollins] and I was like, ‘Well, perfect. This is my person,’ and so this was always the plan because originally I was like, ‘Well, okay, I’ll wait until I’m done wrestling then I’ll have a family.’ Then I started thinking, ‘Wait. But wait, why do I have to do that? Guys don’t have to do that. Hell, I’ll just do it whenever the time feels right.’ So we started trying and I just thought it would take a long time, and it didn’t. We were super lucky. It happened before I would’ve expected and I was still the champ at the time which I actually thought I was going to lose the title at WrestleMania, which I also pitched but that’s neither here or there. But plans change. So yeah, when we came back from filming WrestleMania, I was feeling sick already and so this was even too early to take a test and so then I got the early response ones which are the ones with the lines and so, I took one of them and Colby didn’t even know that I took it and just one line popped up real quick but I didn’t even read the instructions so I was like, ‘Oh, it’s the negative line’ and I was like, ‘I am so not pregnant’ and I threw it into the bin and then we came back from the gym that night and I took it out and I was like, ‘Oh wait, hang on. There’s a second line here’ and so then I went to him and I was like, ‘Is that a second line?’ And then we Googled it and then it said it was like an evaporation line if you wait too long and so I was like, ‘Okay, that’s probably it.’"

Ideas Becky pitched to creatively relinquish the RAW Women’s Title/wanted to do a tournament:

"So then, it was like, ‘Is there a way that she [Shayna Baszler] can just beat me real quick?’ Colby’s like, ‘No! No! You’re not — no!’ I’m like, ‘Yeah, yeah, you’re right.’

Then we talked a lot and then decided, ‘Well okay, what if there’s a tournament for the #1 contendership?’ So the people, they don’t know that they’re actually gonna be competing for the title and then right as they go to have that last match, whoever gets there at the end then I tell them, ‘This is for the title.’ But, Money In The Bank was happening at the same time so it was too confusing to merge the two so they just decided that they would do the Money In The Bank Ladder match and have that as the title match essentially but without them knowing."

Becky not being a fan of WWE marketing her as “The Mom”:

"Actually, but I really didn’t want to be marketed as ‘The Mom’. I told Colby, I was like, ‘Man, they’re gonna make me The Mom, I know it. I know it’ and he’s like, ‘No, they’re not.’ Soon as I said it, freaking t-shirt came out."
Quote:
Tonight, AEW and NXT kick off their two-weeks specials of Fyter Fest and the Great American Bash with both sides loading up their events that have added intrigue following last week’s performance from NXT. Fyter Fest has been promoted for the last month with the significance of a pay-per-view but presented on free television. NXT revealed they would hold a double title match on July 8th going against the second week of Fyter Fest prior to branding both July 1st and July 8th as the Great American Bash, a name coined by Dusty Rhodes when booking for Jim Crockett Promotions ...

For tonight, AEW has matches involving Cody, Kenny Omega, Hangman Page, and MJF as its biggest stars on the show. The promotional pieces for Cody and Jake Hager show a simple but effective build and are the best candidate to headline the show. I can see them opening the show with the AEW tag title match as both shows need to start big to grab viewers and hopefully, hold onto them. NXT will also have limited commercial breaks that will invariably frontload the show. NXT has the added task of building up to next week’s episode that has the double title match while AEW has their card set for July 8th. The outstanding question regards Jon Moxley and whether he will be available or not for the match with Brian Cage, which would be taping on Thursday.

NXT has picked up steam over the past week off the fumes of last week’s number and a strong list of matches they have revealed. When announced over the weekend, Io Shirai vs. Sasha Banks gained a lot of attention as a first-time match and could be a difference-maker viewership-wise.

Creatively, I’ve found NXT to be in a rut where it’s broken away from its initial calling card of being a strong wrestling show with minimal outside elements. There is nothing wrong with episodes heavy on promos, skits, and content outside of Full Sail, but it hasn’t been riveting quality. The Undisputed Era’s feuds with Velveteen Dream and Dexter Lumis have felt like a drain on its audience, Roderick Strong is playing a paranoid character out of a different era and is the style of presentation NXT broke away from during the brand’s initial rise six years ago, and Rhea Ripley has fallen in the wake of the Charlotte Flair feud and almost feels like a call-up would be necessary to hit the “reset” button on her.

It’s been offset by a strong introduction of Karrion Kross and Scarlett Bordeaux as a tremendous main event act and it was a major feather in the caps of Keith Lee, Johnny Gargano, and Finn Balor to perform so well in last week’s numbers with a quality match to boot.
John Pollock's thoughts on NXT's creative changes in recent times is pretty much similar to what I have had for a while now. In the past, whenever NXT booking felt like WWE, they had the workrate and pool of quality talent to minimize those issues. Now that they are leaning harder into WWE style booking mentality, that workrate isn't covering it up as much as before. Doesn't help that Road Dogg, Triple H, and HBK have been having a lot more involvement with the booking process than in the past.

Quote:
Former Impact Wrestling referee Kris Levin spoke to Nick Hausman of Wrestling INC regarding a 2019 investigation by the promotion regarding allegations of sexual harassment by an official. This was confirmed by Impact’s parent company Anthem Sports and Entertainment with a statement acknowledging the investigation and that an “external human resources consultant” conducted an investigation with the allegations “proven to be completely without merit” and no disciplinary action taken ...

Levin spoke to Hausman about his interview with the third-party investigator:

"I was called by a woman who said she was a neutral third-party investigator, hired by Anthem, in order to look into allegations of sexual harassment and putting employees in unsafe working conditions, messing with people’s contracts and things like that. I told her what I knew, under the guarantee that I would be doing so anonymously and off the record. She just said, ‘I need to build my case and need to know the context of this.’ I said if they find out, they’ll retaliate. She said, ‘No one will know.’ So, I told her everything.

I testified in a way that paints the executives in a negative light. I had finally had enough and decided that I could bet on myself and didn’t need to be at a place that treated me so disrespectfully. So, in late December I messaged a handful of people from the office who I considered friends who I hadn’t involved in this just because it was outside of their purview. I gave a very ambiguous message saying I’m thankful for the time I had here and appreciate the friendship and all the opportunities but I’m parting ways."

Levin stated that 20 minutes after sending this message, he received a call and was told they were going in a new direction and would not require Levin. This occurred at the end of 2019.

It was later reported by David Bixenspan that the third-party investigator had a history of working for Anthem CEO Leonard Asper. Through e-mails he obtained, Bixenspan determined this was Michelle Hall, who listed working at Canwest (the company founded by the Asper family) from 2004-2010 as its Senior Vice President of People on her LinkedIn account. On the same account, there is no mention of work with Anthem.

After the interview with Levin, Wrestling INC reached out to Impact Wrestling to respond to Levin’s comments and received a response that they don’t discuss or comment on internal matters and deny the allegations he had made. After that, Wrestling INC added that they received a follow-up, which may have included them on the e-mail by mistake and included Michelle Hall, who had an Anthem e-mail address
Quote:
FS1 will be airing the 2018 Royal Rumble next Tuesday night in its WWE pay-per-view timeslot. This was the first year they held a women’s Royal Rumble and featured the debut of Ronda Rousey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Tessa Blanchard got let go by IMPACT, but it was a formality.

On Fightful Select over the past week, and this morning in the Fightful Wrestling Weekly, it was reported that Tessa Blanchard's deal and departure from IMPACT had a lot more than met the eye. Even last month on various Fightful Podcasts, it was noted that many didn't not expect her at the Slammiversary show.

In addition to this, Select reported that Blanchard has a non-disparagement clause tied to her contract, which has become standard for many promotions.
Quote:
The League of Nations came together in 2015 with Sheamus, Rusev, Wade Barrett and Alberto Del Rio uniting to....do something.

The group formed around Sheamus, who was fresh off his WWE Title cash-in victory over Roman Reigns at Survivor Series. What could have been a dominant faction in WWE was nothing more than a vehicle to help top babyface acts.

"I just beat Roman for the World Title at Survivor Series, I didn't know I was cashing in until that night. The next day at Raw, they tell us 'we're putting League of Nations together.' This whole idea came from Jamie Noble. There was no idea or plan behind it. They just put the four of us together," recalled Sheamus in an appearance on Rusev's Twitch channel.

Rusev noted, "The idea was four foreigners. That was the exact plan. 'Hey, we have four foreigners, lets put them together.' Great idea."

The two continued, discussing the initial hopes for the group and how quickly they realized what was going to happen.

"The four of us individually were doing good and were successful. You had four strong heels put together to make a weak faction. People talk about The Shield being dominant. We could have been a successful and dominant group. In our first match together on SmackDown, we basically lost a four-on-one match against Roman," said Sheamus.

"When they pitched this idea, we legitimately thought, 'We have a shot. Look at us, we can dominate.' We have a four vs. one match and Roman beat us by countout. That's when we knew. It took us two days to find out 'Wow, we're not going to do good with this,'" Rusev said followed by a laugh.
Quote:
Kairi Sane's status with WWE was pretty complicated as of last month.

Sane hasn't been on WWE TV since sustaining a cut to the head during a match with Nia Jax at the end of May, but there were already other plans for her at that time.

Many have been asking about Sane's contract status. That, we haven't heard, but as of May, there were plans for her to return to Japan and serve as an ambassador for WWE in Japan. We have been provided no details as to how that would have affected her in-ring career with the company.

We did ask if this role was to involve the long-rumored expansion into Japan for WWE and NXT, and were just told that there is no expansion at this moment due to the COVID-19 situation. We were not informed as to whether or not the original plans for Sane even got far enough to discuss that.

In the weeks that followed, many have gone radio silent about Sane's status with the company. Many want her to continue wrestling, and all of those we've spoken had positive things to say about her. To be clear, we are unsure of how this situation has developed over the past month.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote