View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:22 AM   #2572
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I have this theory that people think puro has fashioned itself after the American indies as a deliberate choice above all others. I think a part that is overlooked is the Japanese wrestling is going to try and accentuate what is available to it. When you’ve got Tanahashi, Nakamura and Okada available to you, there is going to be an optimal way to feature them all together. There’s this idea that a New Japan wouldn’t take a Randy Orton or Roman Reigns if they became available.

I like to see the top free agents hover around New Japan. Right now, the biggest guys like that are probably Claudio Castagnoli (who would fit the current style) and Windham Rotunda (who many would argue wouldn’t).

But anyway, the funny thing that happens is that New Japan goes with aesthetic choices, but then those aesthetic choices influence the tastes of the guys outside New Japan, so it reinforces that as a limited option.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote