View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 07:49 AM   #15317
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Also caught Sea of Love. 8.5/10. Last of the Mohicans is obviously much "better" as far as scope and cinematography and all that (despite my rating SoL better), but Sea of Love is far more MY kind of movie. It's gloomy, New York has got this gritty, grimy, bluesy aesthetic, the cops are dirty (even though they aren't the antagonists), Al Pacino plays a total hapless drunken loser down on his luck (and is specifically smelly), and Ellen Barken is going to haunt my dreams (in a good way) for the remainder of my days.

Plus, John Goodman is in it in a supporting role and that's fun.

You get to the point where the murder mystery/thriller aspect is superseded by the sordid, fucked up love story and Pacino's addiction/bad behaviours, and it works incredibly well on that level.

I wish we got more Ellen Barkin from that era. Because oh my god. What the fuck. I want her to ruin my life.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote