View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 03:33 PM   #124
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
No but there needs to be a transition to that point. This is a Superman that said “nothing stays good in this world” or some nonsense like that in BVS and died an hour out or so later in the movie. To go from that and the idea that he was always presented as conflicted about his own existence and purpose to randomly being jovial and friendly and beloved when he really wasn’t is jarring and dumb. Him coming back to life and wanting to know why he’s getting a second chance and deciding to be Superman this time around and all the dad talk as he was picking his suit was a way better but more subtle move towards being the Superman he’s supposed to be.

If they had eliminated that part and just went with how they presented Superman after he came back I think it works better. It was kinda corny but I did like Superman at the end of the Whedon cut. And even that wouldn’t fit with where Snyder was obviously going with the story, I get why it was changed since there was zero plans to ever revisit the Snyder world and the original JL was supposed to be a quiet ending.
Dunno... feel like there is absolutely zero wrong with course correcting his character, even if it doesn't match with what we have seen. It's a movie, I can "suspend my disbelief" and just think "Ok, so he can smile and be light they just haven't shown us those parts". Actually good to show it because it actually hammered the point home of "yeah people would actually miss this guy" whereas the Superman of the last two movies I feel there would be a large mix of relief from the general public that he is gone.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote