View Single Post
Old 03-19-2021, 02:31 AM   #89
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just finished it, had the opposite reaction. Enjoyed the theatrical cut miles more than this one. Well, actually the "ideal cut" would probably be a better cross between the two.

It was a long time ago so I don't remember the first 10-15 minutes, but I remember thinking the start was really slogging along, except for the attack on the Amazons which was great but might be past the first 10-15? I don't know.

In general there were a bunch of good/improved action sequences.... but as I said a lot of it was just such a slog to get through. Like there would be good things here and there and good concepts here and there but everything was just so drawn out and the opposite of a nice concise movie that they kind of lose their luster by the time you get to the good parts.

They added a lot of stuff about Cyborg and Flash got more of a "serious spotlight" too.... but felt like all the "joy" which I guess was added by Whedon was taken out of the movie. Even scenes that I loved before like Superman beating up all of the Justice League were suddenly "ugh" maybe because of the music or editing or I don't know but something was different.

Also I really liked the "theme" of the theatrical cut where it was about being a hero etc... Diana had a whole arc about learning to be a leader etc... villain in the theatrical was flimsy as F, but the story about the heroes coming together was great....

In this version the villain is streets ahead, but everything else is just dreary and drags on, and I am back to not liking Cavill's Superman after finally loving him in the theatrical version. (I will give points for bringing back the Man of Steel music though... The Christopher Reeves tribute in the theatrical was good but the theme from Man of Steel was one of the only good parts)

So, yeah.... overall I'd say the ideal version would be some sort of frankenstein combination of the two that will never happen. Until that time, I would gladly watch the theatrical version again, but will probably not put myself through this one again.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote