Thread: Stargate: SG-1
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #20
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Destroyer
I still can't believe they actually made a series out of the Tremors films...
I can.

Mostly because I've read Sci-Fi's intentions: They want to do more terrestrial Sci-Fi. One of the movies cited as an example of what they want to cash in on is the Sixth Sense: "Real World Sci Fi" so to speak. It sells better. Watch Klingons, you're a geek. Say "I see dead people," and you're a pop culture icon.

Sci-Fi wants to make themselves a more mainstream channel. Good thing they chose such a winner of a concept like "Tremors."

Their judgement calls are uncanny. Especially since they were actually BRAGGING about ratings lower than most wrestling shows, which are hardly "mainstream."

They make really, really dumb moves. This is a trend with them. Anyone remember Sliders? One of the best series on TV until they started in on Sci-Fi, where they decided to run with that jackass "Kro-Mag" war line...

The desire to become mainstream, tied with the fact that they know fuck all about smart decisions, leaves me unsurprised that they'd go for a "Tremors" series.

Actually, the thing that most surprises me is that they did so well when they picked up Stargate: SG-1.

Especially when you consider that they just abruptly axed Farscape.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote