View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 03:46 PM   #37
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
OK, I've wanted to play EWR and get to the 2004 Rumble for some time now, but each time I try booking I just feel "Dammit I can't do it." So I've just decided to autobook up until the PPVs and then book the PPVs when I'm bored.

So here's the 2004 Rumble, I'm going into it with 10 unknown entrants in the Rumble, 6 of which will be winners of previous matches, the other 4 are unknown to all:

Heat Match: Rhyno pinned (aka squashed) Hardcore Holly to earn a slot in the Royal Rumble Match. ***, 77% Overall

Tables Match: The Basham Brothers defeated The Dudley Boyz to unify the WWE Tag Team and World Tag Team Titles when Danny put Bubba through a table. With this win, the Bashams both earn slots in the Rumble. ****1/2, 88% Overall Rating (HOLY SHIT)

Steven Richards pinned The Hurricane to retain the WWE Hardcore Title and earn a slot in the Rumble. ***, 74% Overall Rating

Road Agent: Hurricane lost 1 point of overness, Richards gained 2

Tajiri pinned Scotty 2 Hotty to retain the WWE Cruiserweight title and earn a slot in the Rumble thanks to Akio interference. ***1/4, 78% Overall

John Cena gave an interview and hyped himself up for the Rumble Match.

Road Agent: Cena gained 3 points of overness

Christian cheated to defeat Rob Van Dam and win the Intercontinental Title as well as a slot in the Rumble. ****, 86% Overall

Road Agent: Christian gained 1 point of overness, the Intercontinental Title has gained in image

Eric Bischoff spoke on behalf of his client Brock Lesnar, hyping up the upcoming match. 85% Overall

Cage Match: Brock Lesnar defeated Goldberg to unify the World Heavyweight and WWE Titles. ***1/4, 89% Overall

Royal Rumble Match: Chris Jericho won the Royal Rumble, last eliminating mystery entrant AJ Styles. ***1/4, 83% Overall. The other 3 mystery guys were Mick Foley, The Rock, and the old school Undertaker

Road Agent: The Undertaker debuted his new gimmick (Supernatural). It got a positive response.

And for the record, I think the star rating I got for that Rumble was bullshit. Here's all the guys that were in this Rumble: Jericho, Benoit, Angle, Rock, Foley, Taker, Kane, Styles, Storm, Hardy, HBK, HHH, Orton, Batista, Doug, Danny, Richards, Tajiri, Rhyno, Christian, Cena, Spanky, London, Edge, Booker, Eddie, Chavo, Rey, Morgan, and Steiner. There's only a couple of crappy wrestlers in there, so how the hell did it only get ***1/4?

Nevertheless, the Rumble got an 84 Overall rating and a 1.91 buy rate.

Nash wants to work with A-Train.

The Bashams and Tajiri want to be higher up the card. Yes to Bashams (they've been upped to Midcard status), no to Tajiri (I have too many upper guys right now).

Scotty is complaining about Tajiri's stiffness. Well boo fucking hoo.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote