View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 01:42 AM   #5
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
loving wandavision, great first entry for the disney+ marvel shows

SPOILER: show
i am not 100% sold on the idea that evan peters is playing the actual sony/x-men pietro/peter maximoff... like i'm kinda of the mind that marvel is just being meta about it, in that we, the audience, know that evan peters is quicksilver from another continuity, but in the MCU he's probably mephisto/woo's missing person/agnes' husband 'ralph' or... something 'recast' as pietro? but not actually the x-men quicksilver, if you get my meaning

like i know that wanda is going to play a role in dr strange 2 and that film has "multiverse" straight in the title, so it's not necessarily unlikely that he's playing the same character across two universes but... i dunno, something in me just feels like maybe not everything is what it seems with this casting

SPOILER: show
def think monica's aerospace engineer is probably a nod to reed richards though/the entire build-up of SWORD as a thing is making way for the fantastic four, which i'm keen for

i reckon it'd be super sweet for the FF film to be set in like peak space-age america, like the late '60s, and their accident/exposure to cosmic radiation (which also gets a mention in WV) is what causes SWORD to stay clandestine about what they've been up to for the past several decades/why they haven't been a big presence until now. like maybe the four astronauts went up, disappeared, SWORD goes to ground, and then they come out the other side of a quantum/time vortex in the 21st century; 50 years have passed on earth but all of 50 seconds for them

yeah, it's a little bit "cap gets defrosted 70 years later" but it'd still be a cool way to bring the FF in without worrying about continuity too much
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote