View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #469
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This season was a bit too obviously formulaic. Last season was simply a sad sack who needed to pull himself together through seeing the goodness around him so you get a mixture of deeply saddening dialogue complimented and bookended by some crass, vulgar comedy which softens the blow.
This season has ramped this up so that each episode wallows for longer and the vulgarity has been exponentially increased and broadened. It's also guilty of some truly dreary montages, there are too many of these. I think most episodes open with one and some may have more.

I was dubious of the message in one particular aspect of the first season due to its horrifying detachment from an extremely dark issue in assisted suicide.
I am equally skeptical of the message/note that this season ended on. It was actually quite sinister and probably relatively accurate as well.

I have a lot of issues with it but it was worth seeing for the good parts.
I think that it may be the most obviously emotionally manipulative show ever to come out of a comedian.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote