View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 08:12 AM   #2809
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Built up a good selection of captains in shadow of war, and took on my first fortress. Was a lot of fun and HOLY SHIT can this game fill the screen with a lot of dudes. Didn't get to face the overlord for story reasons, so that was gay. Next one though.

The army building stuff has a lot of neat features. You can assign certain captains for the assault on the fortress, and upgrade them so they go into battle with a battalion of trolls, suicide bombers, a big siege beast, etc. Theres a bunch of stuff. Before the fortress assault, you can do cool stuff with them. You can assign them to go kill another captain. Then you can participate in the fight and help him win. You can assign one of them as your bodyguard. Then you can summon him whenever you want to help in battle and even give him commands to stealthily kill other orcs. The other command I unlocked is infiltration, which gets the captain close to one of the war chiefs, who are the overlords second in command. then they'll get him alone and you both can take him out. I had two captains infiltrate so it was 3v1. Killing war chiefs reduces the fortresses defenses. Might be more commands that I haven't got to yet.

Even without all the new army building stuff, there were a ton of cool mechanics in this game, but this just sends it into the stratosphere. Might end up replacing something on my top 5 of this generation list.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote