Thread: THE MANDALORIAN
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 07:09 AM   #274
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I know Mando is supposed to be the "Iron Man" of Star Wars, in that it's the catalyst to bigger and better things. However, I think the show and the character are a lot more important to the universe and fans than Tony Stark was to Marvel. We've been let down for YEARS with either George Lucas's well-intentioned but poorly executed ideas and Disney's/Kathleen Kennedy's hamfisted GIRL POWER approach (Though the Force Awakens and Rogue One stand alone as 'quite good.' Still, they were almost immediately ruined by what followed).

But Mando caught our imaginations far beyond what we thought possible. Maybe, the show (at least, the Din Djarin-focused version) should end here where they've stuck the landing and leave people wanting more.

The problem they might face is that Din and Grogu have won our hearts--and with ALL the shit they're trying to do now, I think they'll struggle to find that transcendent dynamic.

I suppose the takeaway is focusing on interpersonal relationships. The world-building is fucking fantastic and I'm there for it all day, but without those very human elements - often rooted in familial love - it tends to ring hollow.

The initial point I was going to get at is while Mando is supposed to be a jumping-off point, I hope Favs and Feloni appreciate that it's so much more. And if they're not careful, it might be the overwhelming high point of the new content initiative.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote