Thread: Cyberpunk 2077
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 09:12 AM   #195
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
2.0!!!

I had about 2 hours to play in 2.0 last night and yeah..... the game finally feels like this is what they wanted it to be from the start.

The skill trees make more sense now. They will make you OP, eventually, but it will definitely be in the 20s before that feeling is there.

Enemies are indeed smarter. Had to chase a fucking netrunner through 3 completely different, large areas in the Malestrom factory. He saw me put his chooms on ice and hauled ass, alerting others as he ran. That was cool.

Weapon mods. They've COMPLETELY overhauled all mods for weapoms and it's bonkers. They actually can cause completely different behaviors on your weapons. There's some melee mod that allows you to combo up to 7 melee hits after blocking, or something like that. Anyway, it kinda reminds me of the skill runes from Diablo 3. They alter the function of the weapon, almost changing how you would use it, making it feel like a "different skill".

I can finally be a bullet sponge too. There's a 2H blunt weapon skill that lets you charge into enemies and then knock them on their ass. You can also block bullets with melee weapons if you spec into it. Level 2 will deflect projectiles back at the attackers, that's fuckin cool.

Netrunning seems crazy too. Not looked too much into it because I did a netrunner as my 1st playthrough. They changes though, completely different experience now.

Difficulty actually feels like it means something now. I was playing on very hard and it was still a breeze.

Visual overhaul!! Instantly noticeable when I started playing on my Series X. PC players absolutely MUST have a SSD to play it now. Sorry if you're an old fogie still spinning metal platters like a fuckin dj.

There are 100% tons of character builds to experiment with now. It is basically a re-cored game with actual character development. I cannot wait to no-life this shit over the weekend again, like it's my 1st time.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote