View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 07:24 PM   #1464
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Last night's Raw, even with a poor show, held pretty much steady from last week, doing 1.67 million viewers on average for the three hours and 0.50 in 18-49.

The total audience was down one percent and 18-49 stayed even, as did 18-34.

Raw was fifth on the cable charts in 18-49, behind Monday Night Football, the Monday Night Football kickoff show, and SportsCenter after the game, as well as Below Deck Mediterranean on Bravo ...

Last night's NFL game with the New Orleans Saints and Los Angeles Raiders aired live on both ABC and ESPN, giving it the weird combination of being the most watched and strongest demo television show on both network and cable at the same time. Between the two venues the game did 15.44 million viewers and a 4.7 in 18-49, beating Raw by more than 9-to-1 in both total viewers and the key demo, which is likely something that has never come even close to happening at that level in history.

As far as first-to-third hour drops, women 18-49 dropped 12 percent, men 18-49 dropped three percent which is much lower than usual, teenage girls dropped 19 percent, teenage boys increased six percent, and over 50 dropped 13 percent.

Raw was down 25 percent in viewers, 30 percent in 18-49, and 41 percent in 18-34 as compared to the same week last year ...

The three hours of Raw were:

8 p.m. 1.75 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.69 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.57 million viewers
The NFL stat over RAW is an eye opener and RAW likely will suffer even more next since they would be going against a very mouth watering Chiefs vs. Ravens game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Joey Janela will face off with one half of The Rock 'n' Roll Express at Joey Janela's Spring Break 4.

Janela released a video on Monday night announcing that Janela vs. Ricky Morton will take place at Spring Break 4. The show is being held at the Marion County Fairgrounds in Indianapolis, Indiana on Saturday, October 10. It will be available to watch live via Fite TV.

Morton made his Spring Break debut when The Rock 'n' Roll Express lost to Santana & Ortiz at Joey Janela's Spring Break 3, part 2 in April 2019
Link: https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/statu...38560244502528

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The latest iteration of the "Best Of WWE" video series is now on the WWE Network. The Best of Clash of Champions is narrated by Matt Camp and runs over four hours, featuring the following:

-Ric Flair versus Ricky Steamboat for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (Two out of Three Falls), Clash of the Champions VI: Ragin Cajun

-Cactus Jack versus Ron Simmons for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, Clash of the Champions XX: 20th Anniversary

-Ric Flair versus Sting (Unification of the WCW World and International Heavyweight Championships), Clash of the Champions XXVI

-Ricky Steamboat versus "Stunning" Steve Austin for the WCW United States Championship, Clash of the Champions XXVIII

-Bull Nakano versus Madusa, Clash of the Champions XXXIII

-"Diamond" Dallas Page and Lex Luger versus Scott Hall and "Macho Man" Randy Savage, Clash of the Champions XXXV

-Sheamus versus Cesaro (Match Seven In Best-Of-Seven), Clash of Champions 2016

-Natalya versus Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women's Championship (Lumberjack Match), Clash of Champions 2017

-Randy Orton versus Kofi Kingston for the WWE Championship, Clash of Champions 2019

-Sasha Banks versus Becky Lynch for the Raw Women's Championship, Clash of Champions 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE issued the following:

New WWEŽ Collection of Wines Set to Launch

New York, NY – September 22, 2020 - Wines That Rock, the entertainment and lifestyle wine company, today announced the first two releases in its new WWE Wines collection featuring WWE Legend The UndertakerŽ and WWE Hall of Famer The Ultimate WarriorŽ. They will be available for pre-sale beginning today via wwewines.com with a shipping date of Thursday, October 22 in time for the holiday season.

Both unique offerings make up a collection of individually numbered, special vintages of limited-edition wines developed in collaboration with WWE. The wines were specifically chosen to represent each Superstar’s unique personality and will feature individually numbered labels, unique glass, dynamic artwork, and the winemaking talents of 2020 Wine Enthusiast’s ‘40 Under 40 Tastemaker’ Andrew Nelson.
The on-going AEW vs. WWE feud somehow managed to spill over into the wine industry now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Gerald Brisco tweeted the following, teasing that he may be AEW bound:

Oh gosh! We had some technical difficulties! I truly Khan't wait to tell you my big news! Stay tuned WEDNESDAY NIGHT for my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! What do you think it's gonna be? ????????█??#BriscosBigAnnouncement https://t.co/UZcmJeG5Wu
— Gerald BRISCO ????█?? (@Fgbrisco) September 22, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Dark Order member Evil Uno chatted with David Penzer on his ‘Sitting Ringside’ podcast to discuss the formation of Dark Order, joining All Elite Wrestling and his journey to AEW. Towards the end of the conversation, Uno expressed his desire to re-sign with AEW and how he would like to coach and/or have an office job there as well ...

Back in March, after months of hype surrounding the reveal of The Exalted One, said character was revealed to be the now-TNT Champion Brodie Lee. There was not a concrete plan regarding who was going to be The Exalted One until a month before the reveal but Evil Uno shared that Matt Hardy and Luther were both considered.

"We initially never knew who The Exalted One was gonna be. There was some talks of who potentially could be The Exalted One, but there was nothing on paper. All we knew was that we were gonna drag this out until we had an eventual reveal. Before the reveal, I think it was a month beforehand, if not a little earlier, we had inklings it was gonna be Brodie Lee and honestly we were very happy about it because I’ve known Brodie for over 15 years now. We’ve been good friends and I knew if he came in, he would take care of us and it would work because he’s a man of enormous stature, he’s a man that’s heavily respected and never really got his moments to shine, you know? And so I thought that was really good, but there definitely was some other names that were thrown in the hat as potential ones. I think most of them have kind of come out online but, Matt Hardy was an implied one that at one point was a maybe for about two days and then we decided it wasn’t but we kind of used the mystery and the fact that his contract was expiring and trying to — I was trying to entice people to think that it was him because he seemed like the most obvious subject and so, there was that. I heard Marty Scurll was also a potential but no one had ever discussed it with us. Dr. Luther I know did some interviews and some promos as a potential leader as well when it was just in the infancy and that moved on to be someone else but Brodie Lee was pretty much a concrete choice for the last month before the reveal happened in March."

The Dark Order debuted at Double Or Nothing in 2019 to a flat reaction from fans in attendance. Uno addressed that during the podcast and stated that it had to do with him and Stu Grayson not wrestling consistently in North America for close to six years, but the plan for the group was always to be a cult-like group with a build to their being a higher power revealed.

"When I had signed with AEW, we told them about this idea and the idea was that I would essentially have a ton of minions and we would recruit people to join in and they would essentially view me as a higher person so they would elevate us, and so when we started, The Young Bucks are very familiar with our work and they were very excited for us so they gave us a big reveal but we also knew that at the time, we hadn’t been in America in five years. We had changed our characters. It was kinda gonna come out to a whimper, but we were gonna slowly build it up and that’s what happened. When we were shown off in May of 2019 at Double Or Nothing, people weren’t very excited. People just didn’t know who we were because we hadn’t been wrestling in America in over six, seven years at the time, and so, that kind of grew with some discussions with them and we started turning it more into a cult. Trying to explain where do these minions come from, how do these people join our group, why do they join the group and so, it morphed over time and with TV, when you have TV every week, you have so much more opportunities to tell people who your characters are and so over the weeks it became clear that this was a scientology-like cult and eventually, the higher figure was not me. It was someone even above me and we were all doing his bidding and that’s kinda what has led to what we are today."
Quote:
TV Insider conducted an interview with Zelina Vega and one of the questions asked of Vega had to do with her thoughts on WWE’s shifted views on third-party outlets such as Twitch and Cameo. Here’s what Zelina had to say:

"WWE has always been respectful and encouraging with stuff like that for me. I remember even when I did my cosplay for the Royal Rumble. They thought it was really cool and different. Then Street Fighter tweeted about it. We love working on things like that. We have UpUpDownDown, doing things with Mortal Kombat. They have always been very supportive in that way. I love that I get a chance to do what I do and live my dream, but also I get to live out other dreams like working with Tekken and stuff like that. Never did I think playing Mortal Kombat as a kid that I would be at the Mortal Kombat reveal. It’s definitely a blessing. As much as I’m a fan of them, they’re fans of wrestling and mine. It’s mind-blowing."

Following up on that, Vega was asked how does she stay ring-ready when she has been a manager for the greater portion of her WWE run. Vega says she always tries to stay ready by training at the Performance Center or working with colleagues and while giving that answer, revealed that Amazing Red is her cousin.

"To switch my mindset, I knew eventually [wrestling more] was going to come. I always try to stay ready. Whether it was training at the Performance Center or training with co-workers behind the scenes if there is a ring. It’s fine-tuning what I knew already. Amazing Red is my cousin, so he kind of started this whole thing with me back when I was 18 years old. Working with that and what I learned from Andrade and now learning from Aleister, it’s a cool combination of all those things. It’s something I think the universe is ready for. Seeing a whole different side of me."
Quote:
WARHORSE joined Scrump and Dave Stenken on the PWTCast. The IWTV Champion reflected on his TNT Title match against Cody on AEW Dynamite and discussed some of the criticisms of the match that according to him, did not become too much until Jim Cornette and listeners of Cornette chimed in.

"Because they [the fans] would’ve been like, ‘Who the hell is this?’ It’s like, how do you have a debut match on TV at all if that’s the case, if no matter what, the question is who the hell is this? And I didn’t wanna go have a crazy, crazy match with Cody because what if I do f*ck up? And like either f*ck myself up, f*ck him up or just something looks dumb. Maybe I played it too safe or something? I don’t know. I had a lot of ideas and he had ideas too and we melded together and I thought we had a great match. But, as far as what other people saw, there was a lot of people that really liked it and there was some that didn’t but not as many people said they didn’t like it until the match happened Wednesday, Thursday was fine. Friday around mid-afternoon whenever [Jim] Cornette’s podcast came out and I don’t even have a problem with his podcast. Whatever, he can do whatever he wants. It’s his fans that didn’t have an opinion until he said he said his opinion and then all of a sudden they had an issue with the match that I had and they had been silent the entire time and then like, he didn’t say anything that I didn’t know he was gonna say. I know I’m not that tall, I know that people on f*cking Twitter have no idea what the deal is, why am I on TV, you know what I mean? I know that and he called me Whorehouse in the thing and I’ve been called that before. It’s not even creative. The best thing I took away from that is he liked my elbow drop. But, other than all that sh*t, it’s just weird how nobody was opinionated on it until he gave his opinion on it and then everybody was opinionated."
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
The developments in the Retribution storyline from last night's WWE RAW are receiving a lot of mixed feedback on social media, and now word is that the presentation of the group was a hot topic of discussion backstage at the Amway Center last night.

It was reported today by @Wrestlevotes that the presentation of Retribution was a major topic of discussion last night, and was met with laughter at times backstage.

"The masks & names are already making the road for these guys impossible to climb," noted the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The word making the rounds over the weekend was that Retribution vs. a WWE team was being targeted as the main event of Survivor Series.
Can probably scratch those plans off based on last night's episode of RAW and the negative reception Retribution has been getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson shares his thoughts on a potential WrestleMania match against Roman Reigns.

In a video that was posted on The Rock's channel, the former WWE Champion spoke on who would be his WrestleMania opponent if he were to return to the company. Rock simply stated that it would make sense if it were up against Reigns given their family history and the potentially huge box office draw that match would produce.

"You know, you and I have talked about this and it's so funny how a lot of people always say, 'Well if you were to go back to WrestleMania, who would be the opponent that you would face?' It feels like the one that would make sense, right, would be Roman. In terms of box office draw [it would be huge]," Rock said.

This would be Rock's first match since WrestleMania 32 when he quickly defeated Erick Rowan in a matter of seconds. When it came to who would win that match, Rock didn't exactly give out an answer, but talked about how the booking meeting would go.

The Rock joked that WWE would tell him that Reigns would beat Rock and then Rock gets his win back at another WrestleMania, which is what happened when Rock and John Cena did for WrestleMania 28 and 29. In that series, Rock won the match at WrestleMania 28 and Cena won the rematch the following year.

"Well, I tell you this right now. I know how that works. I'm not going down that road because I know how that conversation goes. 'Listen, here's what we're thinking. Roman beats you now at this WrestleMania, but listen. Before you guys say anything, then on the next one, that's when...' But you what, I would be honored to not only share the ring with Roman and to go back to the WWE, but of course I would be honored to have him raise his hand on that one," Rock said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As noted last week on PWInsider.com, WWE Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy acknowledged that he signed a new contract with WWE during an interview with BT Sports in Europe.

PWInsider.com is told that while there have been rumblings that Hardy signed a five year deal making the rounds, that is actually incorrect. We have been told by multiple sources that the new contract, including that was added to Hardy's previous contract due to injury-related inactivity, is closer to 2-3 years total in length.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote