View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #2316
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Ono visited IGN recently to show off Super Street Fighter IV for the 3DS. I'll have more on that game for you in the very near future. But while chatting with Ono, I managed to get a few updates on some other possible Capcom projects, including Onimusha and Darkstalkers. I simply had to ask about Nintendo vs. Capcom. It turns out the fervor surrounding the idea had intensified so much that news of a Nintendo/Capcom fighter had reached none other than Nintendo President Satoru Iwata.

"At the Germany Games Convention I was asked about [Nintendo vs. Capcom]," Ono told me. "I mentioned it was an interesting idea that somehow transmogrified on the Internet into me saying I was going to do it! I have no plans to do it."

Despite not actually working on it, and wanting to be clear that he wasn't, Ono did reiterate that the project certainly sounded like it'd be fun... an interesting challenge to make the worlds of Capcom and Nintendo operate together. But could we see Nintendo vs. Capcom? Is that even a realistic idea? "I certainly don't think anything is impossible, though not terribly likely is probably a way to phrase it," Ono said.

And what about that encounter with Iwata? "I had to go to Nintendo President Iwata-san and actually apologize that I let things get out of hand," Ono told us laughing, perhaps slightly embarassed by the entire situation. "But maybe this whole conversation could be the start of something like that… or maybe it ends with me in the dog house with Iwata-san. Time will tell where [this is] going to go."
From observation on Ono's posture in the last two years, I'd say Capcom vs Nintendo just got confirmed. I'm wondering that Nintendo will get top billing ("Nintendo vs Capcom") and Sakurai will produce after his long gestating Kirby game. And more:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ono
"A new Darkstalkers… I know people want it," Ono told us. "At Comic-Con last year I brought it up at the panel discussion and virtually [everyone in the] entire auditorium raised their hands when asked if they were interested. I took that information back to the company. I've been lobbying for it ever since. They haven't warmed to the idea just yet, but I haven't given up. I'll continue to push for it. People still do ask for it."

"I'm basically running into the same sort of hurdles I ran into with Street Fighter IV, so if I can show there's enough interest, maybe something will happen."
Still believe DS was greenlit long ago. Ono also believes it;s a good time for Onimusha to return. He wondered about changing it up and introducing some kind of multiplayer component.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote