View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 01:09 AM   #1048
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So, I just watched Masters of the Universe: Revolations and have zero idea why a bunch of manbabies exploded mounds of vitriol all over this. I rather enjoyed it, and look foward to the rest of it (since it is only chapter 1, after all). The way it's written seems akin to the Transformers miniseries(es..? More than one) that filled the gap between the Cybertonian Wars and The Autobots crash landing on Earth in The Ark at the beginning of the 80s cartoon.

The only thing I'm unclear on is if in this canon, the 2002 series is also included or not. There is nothing specifically contradictory outside of King Grayskull being a black dude in this one, but he's even DRESSED the same as his appearance in 2002. I mean, Kev went out the way to have Skeletor specifically drop some Langella lines from the Live Action movie, but that was more easter egg than trying to world build. I just want to know if this is going to take a hard left turn and re-establish The Snake Men or something.

I will say, though, the casting is a complete **chef's kiss** and you couldn't have cast a more appropriate Evil-Lyn.

Also, there's a body count here. Like, on the level of Transformers:The Movie, so there's another comparison I just made to one of other big 80s toy franchises that ruled weekday afternoons (or Saturday morning depending where you lived).

Also, in the back of my mind, I wonder if this is going to end up tying into She-Ra. Especially with this whole concept of a "champion".

At any rate, I like it, and I don't get why dudes are blowing a gasket over it. Strikes me as the same people who are butthurt over The Cleveland Guardians.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote