View Single Post
Old 09-04-2015, 08:44 AM   #18866
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
That's why it had the mark of guys who weren't too informed of the WCW product.

I've tried to justify this in my mind. I've told myself that old enemies can become friends when they look back at all the money they made beating each other up. I told myself that it was about that specific era, and just where they happened to fall in the battle lines, and it was a nostalgic battle of pride. I've told myself that Sting wanted to avenge the Invasion loss, has been training for fourteen years and had no clue that the nWo were going to come out and help him.

It all falls short of what the desirable booking of that match was -- Sting showing up in the WWE for the first-time in history, and beating the living PISS out of Triple H. Fuck, Triple H let Ronda Rousey upstage him later in the show. He knows how to do that business. Look at the work he did for Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania XXX. He knew what his role was. This should have been a squash match before it was Triple H going over. Hell, I'd have suggested they do an Ultimate Warrior-esque "Pedigree has no effect" spot at some point during the match. Make the guy special.

But ideally, Triple H would have done his best Ric Flair tribute, gone after a leg, only for Sting to battle back and win. The classic story. Instead they threw gimmicks on top of the gimmicks, overbooked it, and Triple H didn't even look good for winning.
You would squash HHH?

You want Sting to walk into WWE TV and run roughshot over one of their all time legends? For what payoff?

How many shows will Sting be a central part of vs HHH?

Honestly you gotta jump off Stings nuts. He's not that big of a star.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote