View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 09:48 PM   #1319
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Not unexpectedly, since it's been the pattern, Raw once again set its all-time non-holiday low last night doing 1.82 million viewers, down from 1.84 million last week.

The all-time record low was 1.78 million set on Christmas Eve of 2018.

The bad news is the big third hour drop returned, as the contract signing with Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins and a long United States title match with Andrade vs. Apollo Crews did 1.62 million viewers in hour three, the lowest number for an hour in 25 years.

Also bad news is that the 18-49 number dropped from 0.56 last week to 0.51. Raw was down 16 percent from the same show last year, but that show did at the time record-low level numbers going against the NBA playoffs. Even so, the 18-49 drop from last year was 29 percent ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 1.95 million viewers
9 p.m. 1.89 million viewers
10 p.m. 1.62 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As of 4/23, in what may be the first of many such filings, WWE officially made their first move to oppose Cody Runnel's registration of trademarks for "Slamboree" and "The Match Beyond." trademarks.

WWE requested an extension to answer and were granted that through 7/22 to file an official opposition or to request another extension for those trademarks.

Slamboree was a PPV created by Dusty Rhodes while working for World Championship Wrestling. The Match Beyond was a term created for the Wargrames match when it debuted in July 1987 for Jim Crockett Promotions. Rhodes was in charge of creative for JCP at the time. Turner Broadcasting purchased JCP, creating WCW. They sold WCW to the WWF (now WWE) in March 2001 with WWE acquiring their intellctual property.

Cody has noted he filed trademarks on some of his father's creations that were sitting there, unused with The Match Beyond and Slamboree among them.

Cody filed a trademark on his former WWE ring name "Cody Rhodes" last week, just 24 hours after WWE's trademark on the name expired.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Vice TV's Dark Side of the Ring will begin airing "extended" episodes of the series' current season this week ...

The 5/5 Herb Abrams episode has been titled "Cocaine & Cowboy Boots - The Abrams Story" and features the following official synopsis - "One man's fanatical attempt to build a wrestling empire to rival Vince McMahon's goes tragically haywire as his ego and cocaine addiction kills his dream -- and him along with it."

The Road Warriors episode has been officially titled "The Last Ride of the Road Warriors" and notes it will tell "The inside story of how wrestling's ultimate tag-team partnership is undone when one half of the powerhouse duo slides into alcohol and substance abuse."

The Owen Hart episode that is slated to close the series' second season has been titled "The Final Days of Owen Hart." The official synopsis notes that his widow, Martha Hart will appear notin, "In 1999, Owen Hart fell 80 feet to his death in a stunt that went tragically wrong. Bravely reliving his final day, his widow Martha reveals the mistakes that took his life."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Luke Gallows, via his Wrestlemerica promotion, filed for the trademark on 'Sex Ferguson' on April 22. Gallows used the Sex Ferguson gimmick on Colt Cabana's Wrestling Road Diaries and did a PG version of the character in Southpaw Regional Wrestling as Tex Ferguson.
Quote:
Stephanie McMahon is among the new additions to Ad Council’s board of directors. She tweeted about the news: “Honored to be joining the @AdCouncil Board of Directors and serve alongside an incredible group of business leaders who endeavor to serve the American public with meaningful campaigns around important social causes.”
Quote:
While speaking with NJPW’s website, IWGP Heavyweight and IWGP Intercontinental Champion Tetsuya Naito discussed only wanting to defend one title at a time: “If every defence I have is going to be for both titles, then what’s the point of having two titles? Why not unify them at that point? Maybe that’s a conversation that we have, but for the time being there are two titles, so why not use them both? I think it should be fine to defend one title belt at a time.”
Quote:
Sports Illustrated interviewed Bronson Rechsteiner, the son of Rick Steiner, and asked if he would ever consider a career in pro wrestling: “I’m open to it. But I know wrestling will always be there for me. It’s always been my dream to carry the family’s legacy in professional sports, and I’m staying focused on taking football as far as I can.” Rechsteiner recently signed with the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE's 6/27 return date at Madison Square Garden in New York City has been postponed. There is, as of yet, no new, rescheduled date.

Saturday 6/27 was initially announced as a replacement date for ticketholders of the originally postponed 3/22 MSG event as it had already been planned as WWE's return date to the World's Most Famous Arena.

The legendary NYC venue was shuttered on 3/12 as part of New York State and New York City each declaring a state of emergency to help combat the coronavirus, banning gatherings and events of 500 or more attendees.

A statement released by MSG at the time noted, “We support Governor Cuomo’s decision and starting tomorrow night, our New York venues will only host events that adhere to the Governor’s very clear parameters. This is a fluid situation and we will be back with further details when available."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Courtesy of Yahoo! Finance, class-action lawsuits have be filed against WWE by way of shareholders and below is a recap of the lawsuit:

According to the filed complaint, during the class period, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. made materially false and/or misleading statements and/or failed to disclose that: Defendants perpetrated a fraudulent scheme which: (i) deceived the investing public regarding WWE’s business and prospects; (ii) artificially inflated the price of WWE Class A common stock; (iii) permitted certain senior executives of WWE to sell more than $282 million worth of their personally held shares at fraud inflated prices; and (iv) caused the public to purchase WWE Class A common stock at artificially inflated prices ...

According to the filed complaint, (1) there was an oversupply in the hydraulic fracturing services market; (2) the Company’s pricing power was weak; (3) Liberty’s services were not increasing and its competition was not decreasing; and (4) as a result, Defendants’ statements about the Company’s business, operations, and prospects were materially false and misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis at all relevant times.
Link: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/class...155000817.html

Quote:
On the first episode of Ring of Honor’s ‘ROHStrong’ podcast, co-booker Marty Scurll joined the show. Marty was candid about many topics concerning Ring of Honor including the possibility of them working with All Elite Wrestling.

“Yeah, I don’t see why not. It would have to be a matter of timing and a matter of, I spoke about [it] previously, just where it would benefit both companies but like I said, I have an amazing relationship with The Bucks especially. I still talk to them on a regular basis. I have a pretty good relationship with Tony Khan and I think both parties are definitely willing to work with each other. It’s just a matter of timing I guess. Like when it would be suitable to do so. So it’s definitely something I wouldn’t rule out for sure. I’m not saying anything will happen. I’m just saying I wouldn’t rule it out. There’s no reason why we wouldn’t. The timing needs to be correct. It needs to be a fitting situation for us to work together. I’d personally like to see it happen at some point.”
Quote:
On the latest edition of New Day’s ‘Feel The Power’ podcast, Tyler Breeze joined the show and Breeze talked about the match that he and Fandango had against The Usos at the 2017 Backlash pay-per-view. In that match, Breeze changed characters and went from a janitor to an elderly woman. Initially, it was supposed to be a serious match for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles and Breeze told the story of how the match was converted into a comedic match.

“So we start putting together this normal match, then all of sudden they’re like, ‘Hey, you’re getting called into the office.’ I’m like, ‘Okay.’ So we go in and all of a sudden, I’m told, ‘You dress up like other things right?’ I said, ‘Yeah, sometimes,’ and he goes, ‘Yeah, but like a girl, lady and whatever…’ I said, ‘Yeah, I could dress up like whatever,’ and he goes, ‘Do that tonight,’ and I was like, ‘Well how am I supposed to dress up like a couple things while I’m wrestling?’ And he’s like, ‘Well, figure it out’ and I went, ‘Okay’ and so Usos — everybody’s got this bewildered look on their face. We got like 15 minutes for this match on a pay-per-view, tag titles, so like what’s happening here? I don’t know how to make this work. So, Usos always laugh because they used to love working with us because they used to know I just come in and be like, ‘Hey guys. This, this, this, this, this’ and they just call me agent Breeze because I put the match together and they were like, ‘Cool, works for us’ and I’d go, ‘Awesome.’ So, they start laughing as we walk back to the locker room and I’m just sitting on the floor, and I have nothing in my head, and they’re just laughing at me and I go, ‘What’s so funny?’ And they said, ‘We just never seen you like this. Like you have no ideas,’ and I said, ‘How am I supposed to get changed in the middle of a ring? How am I supposed to change from outfit to outfit?’ So then, somebody said something about — I was like, ‘Okay, we gotta figure out what to do here.’ So I was like, ‘Well, I think I could do the janitor like an old lady. I think that should be enough.’ So I’m like, ‘Well, if I dress up like an old lady underneath, then I could roll under the ring and get the janitor stuff off and then be the old lady coming out.’ I said, ‘That’s really the only way I can do this.’”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
AEW World Champion Jon Moxley's recent appearance on WWE Backstage may have caused some problems for his wife Renee Young.

Young, who is a host on the show, which airs on FS1, was surprised when Moxley made a very brief and unexpected cameo on the show in late March. During an interview with PWInsider's Mike Johnson, Moxley was asked about his cameo and if Young got heat for it. Moxley simply answered yes and wouldn't go into any further detail on the record.

"Short answer is yes," Moxley said.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote