View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 07:31 PM   #1305
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
I'm double checking on this but one person high up just denied that to me. Again, I'm not saying Mike is wrong, in this company the left and right hand rarely know what the other is doing. But the person I checked with would know the creative reason given which was Charlotte to NXT for ratings help.

Another person high up said inaccurate and she's in Orlando right now. Clearly if she isn't (although supposedly that was just checked), people who need to know don't know.
From Dave Meltzer on PWI's report of Rhea Ripley's visa expiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Heading into next week's title match, Jake Hager is officially ranked as the top challenger in AEW's men's division.

Hager moved up to first in this week's AEW rankings, overtaking Chris Jericho as the top challenger in the men's division. Hager challenging Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship in a no holds barred match will air on next Wednesday's episode of Dynamite.

Aside from Hager moving up, there were no other changes in this week's AEW rankings:
Men's division --

Champion: Jon Moxley (8-0 singles record in 2020, 13-2-1 overall record)
  • Jake Hager (4-0 singles record in 2020, 5-0 overall record)
  • Chris Jericho (0-1 singles record in 2020, 11-3-1 overall record)
  • Cody (5-1 singles record in 2020, 12-6-1 overall record)
  • Kenny Omega (3-0 singles record in 2020, 19-6 overall record)
  • Darby Allin (4-2 singles record in 2020, 9-9-1 overall record)
Women's division --

Champion: Nyla Rose (4-1 singles record in 2020, 9-4 overall record)
  • Hikaru Shida (6-1 singles record in 2020, 11-5 overall record)
  • Kris Statlander (2-3 singles record in 2020, 6-6 overall record)
  • Yuka Sakazaki (1-1 singles record in 2020, 1-4 overall record)
  • Britt Baker (2-2 singles record in 2020, 10-6 overall record)
  • Riho (3-3 singles record in 2020, 11-6 overall record)

Tag team division --

Champions: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (6-0 tag team record in 2020, 19-6 overall record for Omega, 13-9 overall record for Page)
  • The Dark Order (5-0 tag team record in 2020, 9-3 overall record for Evil Uno, 9-4 overall record for Stu Grayson)
  • The Young Bucks (2-2 tag team record in 2020, 12-9 overall record for Nick Jackson, 12-9 overall record for Matt Jackson)
  • SCU (2-3 tag team record in 2020, 16-7 overall record for Scorpio Sky, 16-6 overall record for Frankie Kazarian)
  • The Lucha Bros (1-2 tag team record in 2020, 10-9 overall record for Pentagon Jr., 11-9 overall record for Fenix)
  • Best Friends (3-3 tag team record in 2020, 9-14 overall record for Trent Barreta, 8-11 overall record for Chuck Taylor)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Following the ‘Brawl For All’ episode of Dark Side of the Ring on VICE, former WWE writer John Piermarini praised Jason Eisener and Evan Husney for piecing together the episode. Piermarini also tweeted that Vince McMahon wanted to do another Brawl For All with some of the names in NXT in its original format but had to be talked out of it. Piermarini worked for WWE from 2009-2010. POST Wrestling reached out to Piermarini and he said that it happened so long ago that he can’t recount exactly how it came about and that he didn’t remember that McMahon wanted to do another Brawl For All until he [Piermarini] saw the Dark Side of the Ring episode.
Quote:
According to a report from Fightful, the tentative plan for WWE’s filming schedule is to film multiple episodes of RAW, SmackDown and NXT starting this Friday and going through the following Thursday ...

To follow up on that, POST Wrestling has learned that NXT is expected to tape a lot of shows this weekend at Full Sail and up to six episodes of NXT TV will be taped over two days this weekend. The SmackDown shows are expected to be taped first, followed by RAW shoots from the Performance Center. Below is a note from the 4/7/20 POST News Update:

“*Fightful Select has reported that WWE is preparing another big set of tapings beginning this Friday to cover several weeks of television for Raw, SmackDown, and NXT. We have been told at POST Wrestling through multiple sources that the tapings begin Friday at the Performance Center. One source added that NXT is expected to be taped at Full Sail University during this stretch of tapings.”
Quote:
Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated interviewed Paul “Triple H” Levesque ahead of the 4/8/20 episode of NXT. Levesque shared his thoughts about AEW besting NXT in the ratings for the past 14 weeks and had the following to say about the topic:

“I’m a believer in the long-term game. You create the right product, and over time, people will find it. I think back to Monday nights years ago, and it looks different now, but there were periods of time when WWE was putting on much better shows and the content was much better, but we were still getting beat. We were not winning ‘the war,’ but we stayed true to who we were. If it’s a flash and it’s exciting at first but you can’t maintain it, then it loses that pizzazz. It’s long-term duration, for me. That’s how you win. I’ve been saying it since the beginning—I’m not concerned about those numbers week-to-week. It’s about trying to put out the best show you can every week.”
Quote:
AEW Co-Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes appeared on Busted Open Radio and Bully Ray asked Cody about some of the Vince McMahon-like tendencies that the Brodie Lee character has shown on AEW Dynamite. Cody said that isn’t a spoof of McMahon but he can see some of the parallels between Lee and McMahon that can lead to the conclusion that the character is a spoof of Vince.

“So I can never tell you the original plan and I don’t even know if there was an original plan and I will say, very unlikely on AEW, you’ll ever hear the name of Vince McMahon said and if you do hear me say it in interviews and in general, I always speak very highly of Vince, because, well A, he’s Vince McMahon and B, I was a WWE guy to start. I didn’t come from anywhere else. I came through their feeder system and they were the house that built me so, when it comes to some of the parallels, I don’t wanna be vague or coy with your question. When it comes to some of the parallels between Brodie’s style of leadership, there are unique parallels but I don’t think it’s particularly a spoof on Vince McMahon and maybe it’s because we’ll see how it develops in the next few weeks. I think Brodie just has a very power boss, very animal kingdom, kind of social Darwinism-type approach to the Dark Order, and I think that’s all in line with perhaps some of Vince’s quirks but, it’s not an outright spoof on the legendary Mr. McMahon. Not outright.”
Quote:
Gail Kim, Lita and Christy Hemme’s KAYfABE project did not reach its goal of $400,000. It had over 400 backers and tallied up $62,000.
Quote:
Mark Henry appeared on the #WORDWITHSCOOP’ Instagram Live via Heavy.com. Henry said that there were conversations about him possibly ending The Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak at WrestleMania 22.

“It was close, and there was some conversation about me being the one to break the streak, and if they would’ve asked me, I would’ve been like hell no! I don’t want to carry that weight [laughs]…”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
DARK SIDE OF THE RING Season 2, lifts the veil on wrestling’s most controversial stories, and premiered on Tuesday, March 24th with a two-hour special episode on the tragic story of wrestling icon Chris Benoit. The fourth episode will tackle Jimmy Snuka and the Death of Nancy Argentino April 14 at 10:00pm ET/PT. The series, produced by VICE Studios, will air weekly on Tuesdays at 10:00pm ET/PT.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote