View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 09:18 PM   #1297
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
AEW Dynamite averaged 819,000 viewers last night for their episode that aired from Daily's Place in Jacksonville with only essential personnel on hand.

The show finished 23rd in the 18-49 demo with a 0.34 rating.

The audience total was down 12 percent from last week, but Dynamite was only down three percent in the key demo. Both the viewership and rating number were right in line with the average over the last 10 weeks.

Over on the USA Network, NXT was up 23 percent from last week's series low and averaged 669,000 viewers. In the 18-49 demo, NXT again finished out of the top 50 but climbed to 56th with a 0.20 rating, up 25 percent from last week.

Last week's NXT featured a modified format without any matches. This week's show had matches that were taped at Full Sail Live, also with only essential personnel in attendance.

Detailed demo ratings are not available for NXT since it was outside the top 50, but for Dynamite its strongest category, as usual, was men 18-49, where the show did a 0.45 rating. That was 10th on cable in that demo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AEW averaged 819,000 viewers with a 0.34 in the 18-49 demo on Wednesday night. They were down from 839,000 viewers last week, although last week only did 0.31 in the key demographic. The big drop for AEW came with adults over 50, which declined 24% from last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE has added another presentation in what is being called the "WWE Essentials" video series to WWE Network this morning. Today the streaming service added a five and a half hour-plus compilation titled "The 10 Biggest Matches In WrestleMania History" hosted by Matt Camp. As previously reported, over the last few days WWE has uploaded talent-centric compilations featuring signature matches for Becky Lynch and Roman Reigns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Much in the same vein as the "Roman Reigns Greatest WrestleMania Matches" compilation added yesterday, WWE has added "Becky Lynch's Five Best Raw Women's Title Matches" to WWE Network. The compilation presentation is hosted by WWE digital correspondent and cohost of "The Bump" Matt Camp and clocks in at about two hours runtime. It definitely looks like the company will be releasing more of these in the next few days as they are now being grouped together on the service. It is a smart move. Now that the bulk of the content has gone free for the time being. This gives new viewers a place to really delve into their favorite superstar, much in the same way the old Collections did on the former iteration of WWE Network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE referee Steve Armstrong disclosed that his father, WWE Hall of Famer Bob Armstrong, who was one of the all-time best babyfaces in the Southeast and a major player in Smoky Mountain Wrestling, has been diagnosed with cancer but has chosen not to undergo treatment. Armstrong, always renowned for his strength, remains incredibly strong, as Armstrong showed on social media:

Today my 80yr old Dad, @WWE Hall of Famer Bullet Bob, asked if he could come over to get a workout! He’s got bone cancer in his ribs, shoulder and prostate and chose not to go through any treatment (his choice)! I put 30lbs on there and he said, “Gimme 100lbs!!! #Motivation ???? pic.twitter.com/yhfda0AGqA
— Scott Armstrong (@WWEArmstrong) March 25, 2020
Link: https://twitter.com/WWEArmstrong/sta...92922263134215

Quote:
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has announced that Japan is placing an entry ban on foreigners from 21 European countries and Iran to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
Earlier today, Pro Wrestling Noah announced that their Yokohama show tomorrow will be cancelled. The move came after the Governor of Kanagawa asked for a lockdown to slow down the spread of COVID-19. Soon after, many other promotions in Japan announced cancellations of their shows as well including Dragon Gate and Big Japan Pro Wrestling.

All Japan Pro Wrestling announced yesterday that Joel Redman, Lucas Steele and Davey Boy Smith Jr will not be competing in this year's Champion Carnival due to travel issues relating to COVID-19. This year's Champion Carnival is scheduled for April.

Noah went further in their announcements. They also announced that they will be cancelling all their scheduled their events from the end of March and April to May.
Quote:
A report from Raj Giri at Wrestling Inc. states that Teddy Hart was arrested again on Thursday in Richmond, Virginia.

Online records list Edward Annis being booked on Thursday at 1:15 pm but no additional details are listed.

Wrestler Ace Montana posted a video accusing Hart of attacking ROH performer Maria Manic, which Hart denied in the video.

Montana wrote the following online:

Quote:
I literally had to pull my gun on #Teddyhart and throw him out of my friends house. This piece of shit literally choked out and physically assaulted Maria Manic and would not let her get help. she texted me I’m in danger never ever did I think I would meet a piece of shit like this guy who has now been arrested with a felony against him. I don’t think this guy knew how close to death he was. #fuckyouteddyheart This video is me kick him out before the cops came and arrested him.
Mike Johnson reports that Hart is scheduled to appear in court tomorrow at 8:45 am.
Link: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...-photo-668401/

Quote:
Wednesday night’s edition of Dynamite featured live and taped content throughout the body of the show. They did tape a lot of content and had heard they continued taping after Dynamite went off the air Wednesday night.
Observer's Dave Meltzer also reported that AEW taped a lot of content pre- and post-Dynamite beyond just stuff as insurance for next week. Might have also been taping on Tuesday based on a recent tweet from Cody Rhodes.

Quote:
On the most recent edition of ‘This Card is Going to Change’, AIW owner and promoter John Thorne discussed the mounting issues stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic and how it’s impacting his business. He addressed the status of ‘The Collective’ series of shows, which AIW was a part of for WrestleMania Weekend in Tampa and how WrestleMania opting to move forward instead of postponing the event had hurt them:

Everything right now on ‘The Collective’ front, is we’re in a holding pattern. Obviously, we want to go forward, and we want to do something. We have no idea what to do because this information hit us in a shock because we were all anticipating, like, the MLB season is suspended or postponed, or the NBA season is suspended or postponed. We were all anticipating WrestleMania will also be suspended or postponed and then, once they announce the new date then ‘The Collective’, we had a hold on the building, we could try to move that deposit elsewhere for other dates which would coincide with the new WrestleMania dates. When they said they were going forward with no fans, which nobody in the f***king world would have ever guessed that they would give up that all that money just to go forward, you know, we don’t know what to do at this point. I have no answer on that honestly. There is a plan to do something at someday eventually, but we just don’t know because you can’t make a plan for anything right now. We have a show on April 24th that we don’t even know if it’ll be allowed to go or not. We have a show in May in Akron that we don’t know if it will go or not. You can’t also go book the makeup dates now because who knows? This thing could be over next week, it could be over on Labor Day weekend, we don’t know how long the country is going to be in this sense of disarray with no idea on what’s going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringside News
PW Insider Elite audio noted that the company is sending out surveys to fans who cancel their WWE Network subscriptions. There is a survey attached with some very interesting questions.

The survey asked if participants want more NXT content on the WWE Network. They asked about the possibility of airing NXT live on the WWE Network every Wednesday. They also asked if there is any interest in airing NXT live house shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Before Matt Hardy returned to WWE with his brother Jeff at WrestleMania 33, he nearly brought ROH and TNA/IMPACT together.

The night before his WWE return, Matt competed alongside Jeff at ROH Supercard Of Honor XI against The Young Bucks in a ladder match. The match ended up being the culmination of the feud that was supposed to be more spread out than it turned out to be.

"[The Young Bucks and I] have been friends ever since I had my run in TNA. We had worked together to come up with an angle where we were gonna have TNA and Ring of Honor working hand-in-hand. We were going to do this whole angle with the Hardyz and Young Bucks from the Broken Matt stuff. We started that when I showed up at Final Battle. Then, we showed up when our [TNA] contracts ran out and still came to Ring of Honor and beat them for the tag titles. We were going to do a three-four month program that was going to span across ROH and TNA television. The reason it didn't happen was because of Jeff Jarrett. He came in, Anthem had just bought TNA, Jarrett was in a bad place in his life with his issues. And he was the one who caused the issues that shut it down. Then I talked to Triple H when our deal was up and we ended up returning to WWE because we had a good offer," said Matt Hardy on Talk is Jericho with Chris Jericho.
Quote:
This is a significant date in wrestling history with the final episode of WCW Monday Nitro occurring on March 26, 2001.
Quote:
Below is the trailer for next week’s Dark Side of the Ring episode covering New Jack, which airs next Tuesday at 10 pm Eastern on Vice TV and streaming on Crave in Canada:

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote