View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 09:20 PM   #4064
JT
#1 Senior Elite Member

JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)JT is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
Whatever Sammy said must have included some really bad stuff to get the type of reaction that pissed off two companies.

Doubt AEW was going to have Sammy be a jobber or low tier wrestler during his time in Impact but whatever was Sammy's issue doesn't seem like it was something that could easily be fixed with a quick tweak of plans.

I wouldn't be surprised if AEW was also worried about this being a bad look on them with their current working relationship with NJPW.
I'd be curious to the little details, and sure they'll come out eventually.

But I'm also looking from a corp/business standpoint. This whole AEW/Impact crossover in general has been weird to me. I really don't get the benefit here... I mean if AEW wanted too, they could lure away almost any of Impact's talent, and their currently broadcast platforms are MUCH bigger than Impact's. This is what REALLY escapes me.

I mean NJPW could be a reason, but imo a thin reason. This just feels like a giant bowing to an ant.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote