View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 09:47 PM   #1
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Question about the next-gen consoles of the 90s...

No, no, I don't mean the next-gen consoles like the original Playstation, Sega Saturn, or Nintendo 64. I'm talking about the "supposed" next-gen consoles that first dared to threaten the 16-bit machines. I'm talking about the 3DO, the Philips CD-i, the Atari Jaguar, and, fuck it, I'll throw in the Neo-Geo, too. In retrospect, it seems easy to discard them as failures. None of them really made that much penetration in the market. It seemed like a bad idea to pick one up when the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis were the way to go. It wasn't like we were made of money. For the most part, you had to pick one console and stick with it.

However, that leads me to my question. Forgetting everything you know now about the ultimate fate of these machines and only going by what you saw back then and what you thought of them at the time, if you had the means, did any of these pique your interest enough that you would have purchased at least one of them, if not all? Remember, money isn't an issue in this scenario. Just imagine yourself as that rich motherfucker in your school that always had the latest shit. Let's hear what you think...

No matter what may happen to me, just remember Lzzy Hale gave me the bedroom eyes...

...again.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote