View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 04:58 PM   #26
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepholio View Post
I don't get this line everyone has about Cody stepping aside for The Rock not making sense. Has no one ever changed their mind about anything? He stepped aside for Rock because it's best for business, then he listened to Seth, Drew, Roman and Rock talk for a couple weeks. He "listened" to the fans. And he decided he's not being pushed aside, he's going to do what he wants and he's fighting Roman and finishing his story.
It’s just the clunkiest part of the story and it does make the babyface seem wishy-washy. Ideally, you’d explain this better heading into the press conference. Did Cody really give a why? He didn’t in the SmackDown promo besides “I’m going to take everything from you,” which doesn’t really fit the whole “I want to be WWE Champion” thing.

I see why people don’t see it as seamless storytelling. But what you laid out is the obvious story: Cody is a smart businessman. Rock going against Roman is the match he thought people wanted fo see. It helps WWE, it helps Raw, it helps the World Heavyweight Title and Netflix. He ALMOST let Rock talk him into it (well, he did let Rock talk him into it). He listened to the fans; realized that Rock is self-serving; heard his family being disrespected at the conference.

Roman played his part excellently too. He got way too cocky and tipped his hand.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote