View Single Post
Old 12-08-2020, 12:19 AM   #55
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I loved season 1 of Luke Cage, down to the meta of the episodes being named after Gang Starr songs. This show made me a bigger fan of Luke than the comics ever did for me.

Besides s1 Danny Rand (the legendary Iron Fist, protector of Kun Lun; it is his destiny) being portrayed as such a whiny weenie, the action scenes were horribly lackluster. Part of it was because Daredevil set the bar so high, but even with that... a blind guy kicking ass with essentially bat sonar and boxing/MMA is super awesome, so the guy whose entire identity is martial arts should be able to... ugh? What the fuck is all this ticklefight bullshit and jerky cameras trying to hide the horrible choreography?

IF's first season was just bad. Badly written. Bad fight scenes. And it had to follow up on the heels of three other acclaimed series that aired before it. They had to do some serious work to pull of from that nosedive, and they did the nigh impossible with season 2 to show a glimmer of hope for what season 3 might bring... just in time for the Disney+ effect to happen and all the axes fall on the Marvel Netflix Universe.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote