View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 PM   #4490
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of Fun View Post
Well I assumed that's what they were building to, with Desmond picking up the skills of the assassins each game. Maybe not the hole game, but the majority of it.
That's the thing, though. Desmond's been set up as primarily a framing device, but they have to do something with the bland bastard eventually.

This is one of the reasons I didn't mind them doing more games with Ezio. I didn't like altair that much, and Altair+Desmond=kinda yawn. One of these days, I may finish the game, but I tended to view it as a series with flaws but a lot of promise. Then 2 came along, and at least the guy you play as for most of the game had a personality and shit. The Desmond/altair bits were far more tolerable because they still weren't the focus.

Desmond as the focus of a game is something I can't see working really well. I know it's borderline inevitable, but he's been little more than a framing device through most of the games. Not sure about the latest. He's bland and boring and....

Actually, he's kinda like that chick from Twilight. A shame Twilight doesn't sandwich an awesome platforming open-world environment with fun, personable characters between the prologue and the last chapter.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote