View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 02:31 PM   #3087
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
The fact that you're back into things with a vengeance and pumping out the shows fairly quick is kind of lighting a fire under my ass to get back to work on my shows. I'm sure Jenna and Faith miss me....
Haha, I wonder why I even bother posting the Dark results. There's little to no angles involved unless I happen to notice I can have members of a tag team work singles matches, etc. It's just keeping people I'm not using on Dynamite busy. With the size of my roster I'm not far off from doing an 11 match Dark card cause it's just a web show and can be as long as I want it to be.

Quote:
OK, I know I've seen that pulled off before by another dick heel but I just can't remember who. I remember laughing my ass off, though, because that's such an awesome dick thing to do and this was further proof of that.
You'd be right! Austin did it during the Invasion angle, instead of calling out Angle he called out Scotty Too Hotty. It was one of my favorite under the radar heel moments and something I'd love to see done again.

Quote:
Awesome Kong needs to get her hands on Vickie and power bomb all of the "Excuse Me" right out of her. Like, to the point where she'd be physically incapable of uttering those words ever again.
Come to think, she's much too annoying of a character to not get a proper comeuppance write off.

Quote:
Like a guy with 85 brawl and a guy with 84 speed can still work well if the rest of the stats are like in the sixties. Don't quote me on that, though.
Oops, you said don't quote you on that it is interesting to see the feedback I get in e-mails after shows, it's nice to get a surprise in there where guys worked better together than I expected.

The ratings might not be far off though, I remember getting far better ratings than I should in earlier saves for matches involving guys like The Miz and Nikki Bella, purely because despite not being above the 60s in any one in-ring stat, they were similar enough to their opponent for it to work.

Quote:
What's the limit on the number of entries?
It is traditionally a 21 man match. How I'll be able to book such a thing in EWR is beyond me, I'm sure it'll work itself out.

Quote:
Hmmm...tough to gauge where you might go with that tag match. I mean, Dustin SHOULD do the job but if we're building to Cody getting what he's after, there's room for a fluke win or something.
I've got a nice idea planned for it. When all is said and done this will complete a 4 match story arc for Dustin in the span of a month. I've never booked someone to wrestle in 4 straight Dynamites but given the short retirement notice period EWR provides, I'll make do. I love Dustin, dude was always a bit underappreciated and all these years later a solid hand who helps the young guys. So I'm fine with giving him something compelling on the way out.

Quote:
Could've used some more Penelope but I imagine you're going to use all of that money to sign Mark Henry now.
I assume Mark's getting a far cry from the 10-year megadeal he was on in WWE. All indications are he's purely there in a non-wrestling capacity (announcer, coach, talent scout) so I'm fine with bringing the big guy in for stuff like that.

One thing I do like about TEW that EWR doesn't have is that the blend between wrestlers and staff more closely mirrors real life. Like you can have a legend employed as a road agent but still book them in angles, etc. Aside from being able to assign certain wrestlers as announcers, you don't have any of that in EWR.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote